I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

At what point does one decide to give up and start a new life? I graduated college last year. I stuck around, working for the university I graduated from. My friends left, moved on, got married, slowly settled. But I stayed. She was going to grad school, and I wanted to stay with her. We dated for 4 years- from the first week of college, until after graduation. I thought she was the one. But she isn't. As much as I love her, I can see that she isn't the one. We are better off as friends. We have spent the last year as on-again-off-again friends. Sometimes it hurts too much to be around her. Other times, I can't stand being without her.

And now she's taking time off from grad school. And I will be alone. I wish we could be together, but I know we won't. I feel like I can fix anything. But I know I can't fix this. And so I need to move ahead, and leave this life behind. I will start a new chapter in my life... some of which has already been written. I'm tired of the world moving on without me, while I'm trying to work on things that are out of my control. Its time to start my life. Its time to leave all this behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home