And the struggle continues. An interesting point was brought to my attention yesterday: I don't know what I like.
I know what I don't like, and I know a few select things that I enjoy, but for the most part - I am pretty mellow to most subjects. I don't really know what I like to do, or what I want to spend my time on. I know I like playing guitar and keyboard, I know I like watching sports and reality TV, but other than that - things are just ok to me. When someone asks me if I want to go out - usually I don't. I just go out because they want to. I'd actually rather just stay in most of the time. I don't want to expend the energy or the money, because staying in makes me just as happy. I don't need to go out to have fun.
At the same time, I feel like I should go out - because I'd be missing out - or because its healthy or something. Its easy for me to stay in. Its comfortable for me to stay in. But I won't be making friends if I don't go out. And I don't like having no friends. I've been there. I don't want to go back there.
So I continue to ponder - what makes me happy? How am I going to get there? And why do I continually start things without finishing them?
I know what I don't like, and I know a few select things that I enjoy, but for the most part - I am pretty mellow to most subjects. I don't really know what I like to do, or what I want to spend my time on. I know I like playing guitar and keyboard, I know I like watching sports and reality TV, but other than that - things are just ok to me. When someone asks me if I want to go out - usually I don't. I just go out because they want to. I'd actually rather just stay in most of the time. I don't want to expend the energy or the money, because staying in makes me just as happy. I don't need to go out to have fun.
At the same time, I feel like I should go out - because I'd be missing out - or because its healthy or something. Its easy for me to stay in. Its comfortable for me to stay in. But I won't be making friends if I don't go out. And I don't like having no friends. I've been there. I don't want to go back there.
So I continue to ponder - what makes me happy? How am I going to get there? And why do I continually start things without finishing them?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home