I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

And the winner for most trips to home depot in a single day: ME! 4 trips to Home Depot today. What magnificent project did I work on? Well, the plumbing under our kitchen sink has been a problem over the last 2 months. Every so often, when our sink fills and the garbage disposal needs to be run, we'll run it, and all of the sudden the pipe leading out of the garbage disposal would force itself out of the pipe underneath, and there will be a huge mess, requiring us to clean up about a half gallon of dirty water. You see, the previous home owners installed the garbage disposal, but didn't use the proper length of pipe coming down from the disposal. Their solution was to force the pipe to connect by slanting it, which of course, weakens the seal. Today, when trying to jam the pipe back into place, I ended up busting a hole in the pipe, inciting me to replace all of the plumbing.

Trip 1: Brought the original pieces to Home Depot, bought replacements
Trip 2: Back to home depot because one of the pieces I needed didn't have any threading on the pipe.
Trip 3: While putting one of the pipes on, an important washer cracked.
Trip 4: After putting everything together, I decided that one of the pieces that I bought still wasn't long enough, so I went back for an extension and some PVC cement.

I hate finding all of the mistakes that the previous home owners made. If you're going to do something, DO IT RIGHT!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do I ever know what you're talking about. Sometimes it's totally frustrating to figure out that the previous homeowner just flubbed their way through a project and called it good enough. If you don't know what you're doing, or don't feel confident, don't do it! Call a professional! :) Yay, welcome back to blogging - it's nice to hear from you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home