I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Hmpf. It looks like we won't be doing any more home renovations. We ran out of money! Between the new dryer and the bathroom project, and the treadmill we bought, and shelves, and bedding, and chest of drawers.... we need everything else for bills and food..... which is really too bad, because we just put together a new list of things that we want to buy/fix/replace/renovate in the house. By my count, we need about $30,000. (Wow- I guess we'll be doing these one at a time).

Oh- and the bathroom project got even bigger than I expected. When we went to put the fixtures back in, we found that the crack in the toilet got bigger after I pulled the wainscoting off, and so when I put the tank back on, it began to leak. So we had to buy a new toilet, and a new sink to match. The project is done, but I'm not super happy with a couple spots on the walls- they were really bad, and even after puttying/sanding 3 times, they didn't come out that great. Oh well. Maybe we'll hang some art over them. ;)

I'll get pictures up eventually- haven't had much time- I worked a couple straights weeks of 14 hour days (taking stuff home to work), plus had a business trip to Chicago for a photoshoot. I'm contemplating starting a new health-related blog.... I stepped on the scale the other day and found myself near the heaviest I've ever been. Soooooooooo, I've started working out (for the first time in 5+ months), and I'm thinking about keeping an online food diary. The way I see it, if I write down what I'm eating, maybe I will feel more guilty if I eat a bunch of junk, and it would keep me from eating too much. (Or maybe I'll just end up feeling guilty in addition to uncomfortable when I put on my pants). I'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home