Eat That Frog!!!
I'm back! Had a good but TIRING trip to Anaheim California last week, including a 21 day our first day out there, and a lot of stress involving an important package that didn't arrive (I had to call up some vendors to get them to reproduce a few items and overnight them for Saturday delivery). This week was a bit of a blur, as I have been so exhausted. I didn't get back home until about 7pm on Sunday evening, and then had work all week.
In other news, lets talk audio books. The Columbus Library has TONS of them, and I'm spending about 40 minutes/day in my car, leading to lots of completed books. I've finished:
"The total money makeover" by Dave Ramsey (loved it - listened to it twice)
Some financial advice for college grads book (it was NOT good).
A financial seminar by Suze Orman (kind of boring)
An audiobook on Leadership by Bo Schembechler (Really good!)
1/2 of "a tale of two cities" (I don't think I can finish it)
"The Tipping Point" - a good book about how ideas/products become widespread movements
"Eat that frog" - a good book about being more effective, getting more done, and how to avoid procrastination.
Coming up next: "Surely you must be joking, Mr Feinman" - I've read that book in hardcover form before, and remember it being really good. I forget if it is autobiographical or just biographical- but its about a genius and different fun stories from his life.
I like listening to audiobooks during car rides- it really passes the time, and makes me feel like I'm being somewhat productive - especially when it is a nonfiction book- like "Eat that frog." After reading that book, Jessica and I each put together a series of goals, deadlines, and then determined what we need to do to achieve those goals.
The best part: I haven't had to visit the library once. I signed up for my card online, and have been able to download everything via the web! Hooray library!
I'm back! Had a good but TIRING trip to Anaheim California last week, including a 21 day our first day out there, and a lot of stress involving an important package that didn't arrive (I had to call up some vendors to get them to reproduce a few items and overnight them for Saturday delivery). This week was a bit of a blur, as I have been so exhausted. I didn't get back home until about 7pm on Sunday evening, and then had work all week.
In other news, lets talk audio books. The Columbus Library has TONS of them, and I'm spending about 40 minutes/day in my car, leading to lots of completed books. I've finished:
"The total money makeover" by Dave Ramsey (loved it - listened to it twice)
Some financial advice for college grads book (it was NOT good).
A financial seminar by Suze Orman (kind of boring)
An audiobook on Leadership by Bo Schembechler (Really good!)
1/2 of "a tale of two cities" (I don't think I can finish it)
"The Tipping Point" - a good book about how ideas/products become widespread movements
"Eat that frog" - a good book about being more effective, getting more done, and how to avoid procrastination.
Coming up next: "Surely you must be joking, Mr Feinman" - I've read that book in hardcover form before, and remember it being really good. I forget if it is autobiographical or just biographical- but its about a genius and different fun stories from his life.
I like listening to audiobooks during car rides- it really passes the time, and makes me feel like I'm being somewhat productive - especially when it is a nonfiction book- like "Eat that frog." After reading that book, Jessica and I each put together a series of goals, deadlines, and then determined what we need to do to achieve those goals.
The best part: I haven't had to visit the library once. I signed up for my card online, and have been able to download everything via the web! Hooray library!

1 Comments:
At 7:33 PM,
Sunshine said…
I'm so excited that you posted about this. It got me to discover that my library has a similar program. I'm loading up the iPod as I type this! :) Hope you are doing well in O-Hi-O this fall - miss you much. Christmas plans?
Post a Comment
<< Home