I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!!!!!
No more crappy Geo Prizm!!!! I did a little shopping around last week, and narrowed it down, and then we went out Saturday and test drove my final two: Ford Fusion Hybrid and Toyota Prius. My grandfather worked for Ford, so the A-plan pricing drops the base from 27,200 to about 24,500, making it more comparable with the Prius. I liked the way the Ford handled a little better....but the Prius was not only cheaper, but had a better gas mileage rating. In the end, I chose the Prius! I even got to drive it home that day! Its black with grey interior, and it is the Prius III (3rd package) - it has a better sound system, but more importantly, has bluetooth, so I can pair my phone with it and if my phone rings, I can answer it with a button on my steering wheel, and talk through the speakers! Also- I never need to pull the key out of my pocket! I can unlock the door by simply touching the door handle, start the car with the press of a button on the dash, and lock the door by pressing another sensor on the door handle! (I just have to have the key fob in my pocket, and the car detects the proximity of the key using antennae! So cool!!! Plus- it actually has more pickup than I expected (you usually see them going slow- but thats because we the drivers are trying to get good gas mileage), and its fun to drive- I compete against myself to try to achieve the best MPG possible! I have a little bar that shows when I'm using electric, when I'm using gas, and when I'm outside the "eco mode". Some people are able to achieve nearly 70 mpg with the Prius by simply changing a few things about the way they drive. I have a goal!
I also start work on Friday! Holy crap! (I start Friday as it is the end of the month, and I'll be eligible for insurance 1 month earlier than if I started the following week.)
Yay!
No more crappy Geo Prizm!!!! I did a little shopping around last week, and narrowed it down, and then we went out Saturday and test drove my final two: Ford Fusion Hybrid and Toyota Prius. My grandfather worked for Ford, so the A-plan pricing drops the base from 27,200 to about 24,500, making it more comparable with the Prius. I liked the way the Ford handled a little better....but the Prius was not only cheaper, but had a better gas mileage rating. In the end, I chose the Prius! I even got to drive it home that day! Its black with grey interior, and it is the Prius III (3rd package) - it has a better sound system, but more importantly, has bluetooth, so I can pair my phone with it and if my phone rings, I can answer it with a button on my steering wheel, and talk through the speakers! Also- I never need to pull the key out of my pocket! I can unlock the door by simply touching the door handle, start the car with the press of a button on the dash, and lock the door by pressing another sensor on the door handle! (I just have to have the key fob in my pocket, and the car detects the proximity of the key using antennae! So cool!!! Plus- it actually has more pickup than I expected (you usually see them going slow- but thats because we the drivers are trying to get good gas mileage), and its fun to drive- I compete against myself to try to achieve the best MPG possible! I have a little bar that shows when I'm using electric, when I'm using gas, and when I'm outside the "eco mode". Some people are able to achieve nearly 70 mpg with the Prius by simply changing a few things about the way they drive. I have a goal!
I also start work on Friday! Holy crap! (I start Friday as it is the end of the month, and I'll be eligible for insurance 1 month earlier than if I started the following week.)
Yay!

1 Comments:
At 6:48 AM,
Kathleen said…
Wow, this is a banner month for you guys! Kittens, apartment, job AND car! It is well deserved... enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home