Of Hot Dogs and Cat Colds
Bella is sick again. She's got sneezing, a mouth ulcer, and is sometimes sneezing blood. She is also eating less than normal and is sleeping a lot. The vet had a name for it, but I don't remember. For the next 7 days, Bella gets some awesome antibiotics, and we are separating the kittens to try to keep Bree from getting sick. As a result, Bree is now driving me crazy, as she wants my attention, and I want to try to use my time wisely to find a job.
We also have a new set of kitten pics up, and a new kitten movie.
On another note - her have some great recipes to post.... maybe on the FudBlog...
Anyways, I haven't been eating hotdogs in about 5 years due to the nitrates found in them. Yesterday, though, I was shopping at Whole Foods, and while waiting for my snapper to be filleted (recipe to be shared, eventually) ... I found some nitrate-free hot dogs - they are amazing- SOOOOO good compared to any other dog I've had. So, we fired up the grill, and decided to do some experimenting with "gourmet" hot dogs.
I made 3 kinds of dogs

A southern-style dog topped with Cole Slaw, an asian-inspired Mu Shu dog, and a Chicago-style dog topped with mustard, tomato, onion, celery salt, and a dill pickle. They were so good that I wound up eating 5 dogs, complete with toppings and buns. SOOOOO good. The best two were the cole-slaw dog and the Chicago-style dog. The Mu Shu dog was just ok.
Happy 4th O July Weekend!!!
Bella is sick again. She's got sneezing, a mouth ulcer, and is sometimes sneezing blood. She is also eating less than normal and is sleeping a lot. The vet had a name for it, but I don't remember. For the next 7 days, Bella gets some awesome antibiotics, and we are separating the kittens to try to keep Bree from getting sick. As a result, Bree is now driving me crazy, as she wants my attention, and I want to try to use my time wisely to find a job.
We also have a new set of kitten pics up, and a new kitten movie.
On another note - her have some great recipes to post.... maybe on the FudBlog...
Anyways, I haven't been eating hotdogs in about 5 years due to the nitrates found in them. Yesterday, though, I was shopping at Whole Foods, and while waiting for my snapper to be filleted (recipe to be shared, eventually) ... I found some nitrate-free hot dogs - they are amazing- SOOOOO good compared to any other dog I've had. So, we fired up the grill, and decided to do some experimenting with "gourmet" hot dogs.
I made 3 kinds of dogs
A southern-style dog topped with Cole Slaw, an asian-inspired Mu Shu dog, and a Chicago-style dog topped with mustard, tomato, onion, celery salt, and a dill pickle. They were so good that I wound up eating 5 dogs, complete with toppings and buns. SOOOOO good. The best two were the cole-slaw dog and the Chicago-style dog. The Mu Shu dog was just ok.
Happy 4th O July Weekend!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home