I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

End it all. Please.
I have 11 days left of class after today. (3 days/week spread over 4 weeks, minus memorial day).

SO WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE AN ETERNITY!?!?!?!?!

I'm soooooo mentally drained. The only quarter that has been worse was quarter #1, when there was a huge adjustment period. I have been going non-stop like a freight-train, and I can't seem to find the brakes. The only problem: I can't find the tracks either. Senioritis has kicked in for myself and a number of classmates, but rather than indulge a bit, skip a class, and enjoy the remaining time, I am trudging along. Broken, tired, fatigued.

I keep taking it 1 class at a time. Just go to this class, keep a tidy to-do list and work at it every possible moment, and something good will happen. But nothing is. Most of my assignments these days are team-based, and its impossible to work with people who don't show up or put any time into the work that they do. GRRRR!!!!!

To further complicate matters, Jessica just had arthroscopic knee surgery, and has been out of commission. I've had to pick up the slack, doing the grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning, bringing her things, PLUS - taking her to work and picking her up- adding 2 hours of travel time to my days earlier this week.

Shoot me. I'm tired. I don't want to be here. I haven't enjoyed being in school. I have no leads on jobs. I don't even have time to look for jobs. I just want to sleeeeeeeeeeep. (Mind you, I don't drink coffee or pop to help keep me up).

*Sigh.*

11 more days of class. I'm not worried about anything, I just want the work to stop. I want to enjoy my life again. I want to play guitar, take photographs, go rollerblading, play a video game. (By the way- I am super proud that during the quarters, I don't play video games at all. My Wii has remained dormant save between breaks, and when Husband/Wife came to visit. That is HUGE for me, as I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!!)

11 more days.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    You can do it! Go Ben! And we'll have to get together when you're all done to celebrate!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger sasha said…

    Hang in there. The push to the end is always the worst, but it'll be over before you know it, and then, just think how much time you can spend playing the Wii! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home