I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Some brief-ish updates before class.....

Jess and I went to D.C. for a weekend over spring break. Some pics of what we saw are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Benjamin.Hummel/DC_Trip_09#

My bike FRAME broke!!!! Granted, its a 14 year old mountain bike (Specialized, Hard Rock), but still!!!! The rear weld on the chain-stay on the side of the drive train failed. Specialized has a lifetime warranty on it, so I'm getting a new bike at dealer cost. (I could have gotten a new frame for free, but most of my parts won't fit the new frame, so what the hell.)

Classes have started again. This is week 2 out of 10. I only have class M-W, but those days kind of blow. I'm at school M-W from 8:30am-10pm. I am managing to sneak home for dinner M/W, but thats only about a 2 hour break.

I'm fighting a cold. Its kind of irritating, feeling my throat collapse in on itself.

It looks like Jessica and I are going to be able to visit family this weekend, sadly, no time to meet up with friends. :(

Still no job, but I'm meeting with a CMO on Tuesday of next week, and there is a networking event next Thursday night. I really need to step up my efforts to find something, but I actually wouldn't mind having some time off for the summer. We'll see how that goes.

Still waiting to see whether Jessica needs knee surgery or not. She got an MRI and saw an orthopedic surgeon, he saw the potential to go in, but wanted to wait about a month to see if it is just a deep bone bruise. In the mean time, Jessica is having lots of trouble going up/down stairs. Normal standing/walking isn't bad.

Do you like meat? Try this recipe. Its totally worth the time you put into it. OMG.
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/004085braised_beef_short_ribs.php

Time to head to class!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Husband said…

    odd place for a fracture, as I am guessing you are not beating on the bike too much... Either way, good deal on the replacement! I hope it didn't cause you to crash while riding it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home