I woke up this morning and followed my normal routine. I sat down at the computer and started browsing through my regular websites.... CNN, ESPN, Slashdot, The Weather Channel.... and then I stopped. Oh yeah -we were supposed to get a ton of snow last night. I peek through the blinds and don't see much snow at all, but the snow that was there was kind of shimmery in the dark. So I decided to turn on the news for kicks and grins. Low and behold: COLLEGE WAS CLOSED. Seriously? Well ok then! Turns out that there was about a half inch of ice covering everything outside, the wintery mix was still coming down, and around 8am it started snowing. Now we probably have about 4-6 inches of snow covering the half inch of ice which is sitting on about another 2 inches of snow.
Given Columbus's poor attempts at clearing snow, its probably better that school was cancelled. Whatever. It was nice having a day to clean up the apartment and play catch-up.
Given Columbus's poor attempts at clearing snow, its probably better that school was cancelled. Whatever. It was nice having a day to clean up the apartment and play catch-up.

1 Comments:
At 9:37 PM,
Husband said…
seriously, what kind of candy-a$$ grad program cancels class because of a little frozen water?
Just kidding! I seem to recall umass shutting down for the occasional noreaster...
Post a Comment
<< Home