I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Why Hello!
Yes, I kind of took some time off from blogging.... including my whole holiday break.
What's new, what's new...

I finished the quarter strong, improving my overall GPA to a level I haven't seen since high school.

I have begun working out again, and despite a bit of soreness, I'm feeling good. I need to lose some of this damn holiday weight.

Jessica and I got a bread maker for Christmas. I just pulled out loaf number 3: Cinnamon Raisin. Delicious.

Our Xmas gift to each other: 2 things - first, we donated money to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. Second: A Roku. If you have Netflix, you should think about a Roku. The Roku connects wirelessly to the internet, and can send HD or SD signals to your TV. If you have a Netflix account, you can watch movies instantly on your TV. You can pause, fast forward, rewind, stop and pick back up where you left off.... you just load stuff into your instant queue, and then within seconds, you can see your whole queue and choose what you want to watch. Some titles (not many) are in HD- and it looks great, and there is very little load time - maybe 15 seconds at the beginning of your movie!

I still may or may not have a job offer coming in. Its complicated, and I'll tell the whole story when I have some finality with it.

Short of that, its been a relatively calm break - we made it up to Alpena one weekend to visit Jessica's father - that was a LONG drive to/from Columbus. Add to that the crazy snow/wind that accompanied our return trip, and it turned into a drive that I'm not interested in repeating in the winter.

And school starts on Monday. And not all of my professors have made their books and coursepacks ready. Dammit.
Thank god there are only 2 more quarters!

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home