Well, its been an interesting weekend, that's for sure.
I know I haven't been posting in a while - its mainly because I've been busy and tired and haven't really felt like posting.
Anyways- We went to Ann Arbor/Fenton this weekend. Friday was awesome - got to go to wife's birthday party at Dominick's.
Saturday, I spent most of the day with my dad- mainly helping him do stuff around the house that would take him a ton of time - I got to clean the gutters (20 feet in the air off the back side of the house).... change the blades on the lawnmower (I swear- superman tightened those nuts).... move furniture from the upstairs to the downstairs, and help my dad cut some large sheets of wood on the table saw.
But something not so awesome happened Saturday. My sister showed up a few hours earlier than expected. She just moved out of our parents' house and in with her fiance. It turns out, she just found out her fiance (3 years of dating, engaged for 3 months) has been emailing with his ex-girlfriend, and has been trying to setup a little something on the side. Yeah. Wonderful. My sister was actually alerted by said ex, and when confronted, he admitted it, but said nothing had happened, he was sorry, and nothing like this would happen again.
My sister is obviously devastated.
I can't get over the fact that he was doing that- I mean, its one thing to get caught up in the moment, but its another thing to plan it outright!! (Caught up in the moment isn't ok either- but its more understandable than planning it!)
I had a talk with her, and reserved judgement of him - trying to offer her choices, other perspectives, and things to think about. I handled it really well - but deep down I want to tell her how stupid it would be to stay with him! If he's doing now because something about the relationship isn't satisfying, hows it going to be when things get tougher - during a 9 month pregnancy?!? During a stressful job situation? I mean, DAMN!
Plus, he's lied to his mom about being out with my sister when he was hanging out with some OTHER girl. I mean- DAMMIT!!!!
Apparently he said she could keep the ring, and that he'd be fine taking her off the lease (should she decide to end it. (Honestly- that sounds like him offering her a way out, almost like he wants it to end).
So now she's torn - break it off and move back in with my parents, or continue the relationship. She doesn't know if she can ever trust him again, but she loves him a lot.
I can't tell you how disappointed if she decides to stay with him- but I really don't think its my place to flat out tell her "here's what I think you should do". We don't have that kind of relationship, and I think she could end up resenting me.
Also - after getting home today, I found out that I have been selected to Jury Duty for 2 weeks!!!! So here's what my next 2 months could look like:
Aug 28th: last day at Whirlpool, return to Columbus
Sept 3rd: Fly to Denver with Jessica, stay here, visit rocky mountain national park., Fly back Sept 7th.
Sept 8th: JURY DUTY - for 2 weeks!!!
Sept 11th/12th - I'm supposed to go to Wisconsin to interview with Kimberly Clark
Sept 19th: Jury duty would end.
Sept 24th: Class starts.
Jury Duty would really put a crimp on my time off! Son of a BITCH!!!! Could I please get 2 weeks off where I don't have ANYTHING to do?!?!? No?!?! Life won't allow it?!?!?! DAMMIT!!!!
Whatever. At least the Olympics are on, and I can go back to my apartment and ... DAMMIT! I don't have a TV here!!!
Right- so, interesting weekend. Really though, life isn't so bad. I could be bitching about much worse.
I know I haven't been posting in a while - its mainly because I've been busy and tired and haven't really felt like posting.
Anyways- We went to Ann Arbor/Fenton this weekend. Friday was awesome - got to go to wife's birthday party at Dominick's.
Saturday, I spent most of the day with my dad- mainly helping him do stuff around the house that would take him a ton of time - I got to clean the gutters (20 feet in the air off the back side of the house).... change the blades on the lawnmower (I swear- superman tightened those nuts).... move furniture from the upstairs to the downstairs, and help my dad cut some large sheets of wood on the table saw.
But something not so awesome happened Saturday. My sister showed up a few hours earlier than expected. She just moved out of our parents' house and in with her fiance. It turns out, she just found out her fiance (3 years of dating, engaged for 3 months) has been emailing with his ex-girlfriend, and has been trying to setup a little something on the side. Yeah. Wonderful. My sister was actually alerted by said ex, and when confronted, he admitted it, but said nothing had happened, he was sorry, and nothing like this would happen again.
My sister is obviously devastated.
I can't get over the fact that he was doing that- I mean, its one thing to get caught up in the moment, but its another thing to plan it outright!! (Caught up in the moment isn't ok either- but its more understandable than planning it!)
I had a talk with her, and reserved judgement of him - trying to offer her choices, other perspectives, and things to think about. I handled it really well - but deep down I want to tell her how stupid it would be to stay with him! If he's doing now because something about the relationship isn't satisfying, hows it going to be when things get tougher - during a 9 month pregnancy?!? During a stressful job situation? I mean, DAMN!
Plus, he's lied to his mom about being out with my sister when he was hanging out with some OTHER girl. I mean- DAMMIT!!!!
Apparently he said she could keep the ring, and that he'd be fine taking her off the lease (should she decide to end it. (Honestly- that sounds like him offering her a way out, almost like he wants it to end).
So now she's torn - break it off and move back in with my parents, or continue the relationship. She doesn't know if she can ever trust him again, but she loves him a lot.
I can't tell you how disappointed if she decides to stay with him- but I really don't think its my place to flat out tell her "here's what I think you should do". We don't have that kind of relationship, and I think she could end up resenting me.
Also - after getting home today, I found out that I have been selected to Jury Duty for 2 weeks!!!! So here's what my next 2 months could look like:
Aug 28th: last day at Whirlpool, return to Columbus
Sept 3rd: Fly to Denver with Jessica, stay here, visit rocky mountain national park., Fly back Sept 7th.
Sept 8th: JURY DUTY - for 2 weeks!!!
Sept 11th/12th - I'm supposed to go to Wisconsin to interview with Kimberly Clark
Sept 19th: Jury duty would end.
Sept 24th: Class starts.
Jury Duty would really put a crimp on my time off! Son of a BITCH!!!! Could I please get 2 weeks off where I don't have ANYTHING to do?!?!? No?!?! Life won't allow it?!?!?! DAMMIT!!!!
Whatever. At least the Olympics are on, and I can go back to my apartment and ... DAMMIT! I don't have a TV here!!!
Right- so, interesting weekend. Really though, life isn't so bad. I could be bitching about much worse.

1 Comments:
At 10:27 PM,
Kathleen said…
That really sucks about your sister's fiance. What a douche. I'm in agreement with your feelings, but think you played it pretty smart.
As far as jury duty goes, tell them you're a full time student. It's the truth, and usually they'll let you off without a hitch. It can't hurt to try to at least postpone it.
And it was so great to see you guys this weekend. Definitely let us know when we can come for a visit! (And I still don't really know what I'm going to do with that effing flamingo ;).)
Post a Comment
<< Home