I saved 3 lives today. How many did you save?
I am now a blood donor. Gave it my first go today. I avoided it during college because I was usually on medication, and for the past few years because.... I don't have a good reason. But I donated it today, and I'm glad I did. My dad had surgery yesterday to remove skin cancer, and the surgery went well- the surgeon got it all in the first pass. It got me thinking yesterday, and it just so happened that there was a bloodmobile near my school today. So I donated. I didn't realize that donating once can help save 3 lives. Crazy!
Also, Jessica and I bought a new TV. :)
http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=44
Costco had it for $999, and buying from Costco extends the warranty by 2 years, so.... hooray! I have High Def!!!
Admittedly, the television is ridiculously large, as I'm used to a 27", and now I'm staring at 42" bliss. Ahhhhhhhh.
Weight check: 214 pounds. My plan has stalled a little bit - last week I hurt my neck doing pullups - I got a little overzealous and for the past 5 days have had a little knot in my neck. Its better now, but it was killing my workout plan. Also- I tried the put down the fork after each bite diet plan..... not for me. It frustrated me because I don't have time to eat slowly- typically I eat while reading or working, and I tend to eat faster than that method allows. I'll stick to the "stop eating crap for a while" plan. (Which, btw, is also frustrating). :)
Cheers!
I am now a blood donor. Gave it my first go today. I avoided it during college because I was usually on medication, and for the past few years because.... I don't have a good reason. But I donated it today, and I'm glad I did. My dad had surgery yesterday to remove skin cancer, and the surgery went well- the surgeon got it all in the first pass. It got me thinking yesterday, and it just so happened that there was a bloodmobile near my school today. So I donated. I didn't realize that donating once can help save 3 lives. Crazy!
Also, Jessica and I bought a new TV. :)
http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=44
Costco had it for $999, and buying from Costco extends the warranty by 2 years, so.... hooray! I have High Def!!!
Admittedly, the television is ridiculously large, as I'm used to a 27", and now I'm staring at 42" bliss. Ahhhhhhhh.
Weight check: 214 pounds. My plan has stalled a little bit - last week I hurt my neck doing pullups - I got a little overzealous and for the past 5 days have had a little knot in my neck. Its better now, but it was killing my workout plan. Also- I tried the put down the fork after each bite diet plan..... not for me. It frustrated me because I don't have time to eat slowly- typically I eat while reading or working, and I tend to eat faster than that method allows. I'll stick to the "stop eating crap for a while" plan. (Which, btw, is also frustrating). :)
Cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home