I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

You know things are going your way when....

I'm doing better than average in all my classes.
I've officially accepted my internship at Whirlpool.
I was named "Best Presenter" at a recent case competition.

And now the icing on the cake...

Of the more than 400 students in the Fisher College of Business MBA program (1st, 2nd, and part time students)

Our associate dean for MBA programs and a professor for our business presentation class has asked me to be one of 4 students to represent our school in a case competition that takes place Jan 4-5.

Here's the kicker: The competition takes place in Beijing China!

We leave a couple days after Christmas, and return around Jan 6th or 7th. The school of business is picking up the tab for airfare and accommodations. I'll pay for any incidentals and probably meals.

HOLY COW!!!! So, in the mean time, I'll be learning Chinese, and working with the team to prepare our recommendations for the case.

I'm about to enter the last week of classes, and then we have 3 days of exams. I'll be coming back to Michigan for the weekend of Dec 7th.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home