I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ho Hum.
Not a lot actually going on these days. Jessica and I went on our honeymoon in Chicago a couple weekends ago. I'll have to have her post the pictures and perhaps talk about all the name-changing stuff she's been going through on our other blog.
The honeymoon was really great- everything was really nice - though our legs were tired from walking around Chicago for 3 straight days. :)
The hotel we stayed at was really cool- it was "The Amalfi" - and I would totally recommend it to anyone that was going to stay a few days in the Windy City. Everything about it was really cool.... you'll see some cool photos hopefully by the end of the coming weekend.
Short of that, we have just been doing a few tidy-up errands - we closed out our registry at Bed Bath and Beyond - we only had to spend about $150 - and that is after buying a $99 toaster/oven that wasn't on our list... though we did eliminate the nice $60/set silverware from our registry and got $10/set silverware instead. But who's going to know?? :)
I'm almost done with all my paperwork for Ohio State- tons of loan stuff - I even have to get loan counceling before they make me a loan. Crazy.

The rest of my days have been devoted to work and to the documentary that I'm creating. Its coming along - I finished my first cut of it the other day, and am going to begin adding B-roll and graphics soon. It'll be tough to get it done by the end of August, but I think I can make it.

Also - hooray for the Tour De France!!! I never would have believed I could get this into bike-racing, but I am- and its exciting!

Oh- speaking of biking, I've begun biking to and from work. Initially it was difficult - much of the ride back home is quite a bit uphill.... but I've almost gotten used to it. It would be nice to start a workout program and get into it again - who knows how much time I'll have for it while in B-school!

Gotta get back to work! Much of the next few weeks will be spent winding things down, transferring ownership, etc. The end is near!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home