I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Aloha Bitches!

Yup yup! Jessica and I will be heading to Hawaii later this month! Kind of a spur of the moment decision - its freaking cold out (-10 when I woke up this morning!) and we decided last week to get out of here for her last spring break. We decided on the warm shore of Waikiki Beach, and will hopefully come back relaxed and ready to rock out the rest of the semester until she graduates.

Short of that bit of awesomeness, I had a great time hanging out at Sasha's birthday party! The theme was Gatsby, and while I didn't have a zoot suit, I did part my hair down the middle, a la this guy:


(I've been doing some research for a video project that has me taking pictures of documents/photos from the early 1900's)

Anyways, it was a hoot - Husband/Wife were there with great attire, and of course, Sasha was dressed to the nines, and provided exquisite food and drink. Good company, good good eats - and I managed to stay awake until 2am, even though I had been at the Library at 9am earlier that day doing research. (I can't talk about the project, so don't ask).

The only disappointment of the evening was not getting to hear Sasha play the guitar. Its a shame, really - I enjoy hearing other people play- no matter how bad they claim to be, how short a time they've been taking lessons, or how little they've practiced lately. For me, its neat to hear what other people are working on, and getting to see them enjoy themselves while playing. Its about sharing that part of their life.... anyways..... maybe next time???

Other than that, its been work, work, work. I have 2 straight weeks coming up of women's gymnastics shows to produce, then 2 weeks off (and will be in hawaii for almost one full week of those two), then a couple more gymnastics shows, and then the home season is over. Crazy!!! Anyways, work calls. I'll try to post once more before I take off for Hawaii!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Eva Fury said…

    Aw, you'll have to give me time on that one:) I usually try to avoid making an ass out of myself and playing in front of people who have played WAY longer than me scares the daylights out of me...

    Anyways, I hope you had fun, I'm so glad you came to the party! And I KNOW you'll have a wonderful time in Hawaii!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey BenLo,
    When are you planning on being in Hawaii? Ryan and I are planning a vacation for the end of march and can't decide when to go - I'll bet you're going at the end of Feb aren't you? Anyway, Hawaii was on our list...glad to see you posting again, almost thought you'd forgotten about your blog ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home