Thanksgiving, Take 2... AND: Honey, I lost a kitten!
Lets start with the good. I love Thanksgiving. Between Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, leftovers, and football, it is pretty much my heaven. The only thing that could make it better is presents, but then, we call that Christmas.
Anyways, Jessica and I spent Thanksgiving at my parents' place, and we brought the kittens with us. My parents loved them so much, that they are adopting one of them - Milo, the white/brown one. Food was great, football was ok (start rooting for the Lions to lose so we can get a good draft pick!), but the only problem was that Jessica and I were only able to take home enough leftovers to get us through Friday afternoon. Boooooo. I like Thanksgiving leftovers. Solution: Have a 2nd Thanksgiving on Friday evening! After we ran out of leftovers at Lunch, we hopped over to Kroger, bought a turkey (on sale!), stuffing (we could've used my mom's recipe, but went for Stove Top instead), potatoes and other ingredients, and by 8pm Friday evening, we were chowing down on this!!!! Yum!!!
Sadly, it is now Monday, and we are out of leftovers again. :(
But, we got this awesome Kitchen Aid roasting pan (normally $80) for $20, after an instore $40 off promotion, the day after Thanksgiving, and a manufacturer's $20 mail-in rebate!!! Sweet!!!
So the good weekend continued - I did a hell of a lot of NOTHING, which is nice for a change. Nothing like Sasha's weekend.
Then, last night, Jessica had a group meeting, and as I sat around doing the last of my NOTHING, I noticed that the apartment seemed a bit quiet. Surely, the cats must be sleeping - I look over, and see Milo and Greybear passed out - half on the couch, half on their scratch pad...... but where the crap was Simon? Not under the couch, or the chair... not in the bathroom with their litter pan and food.... not behind the TV or under the blanket that I was sitting on...... I really began to worry that the cat had gotten out when Jessica left for her meeting. I looked all around and couldn't find the poor kitten anywhere! For about 10 minutes, this continued- me checking every square inch of the apartment. And its not that big of an apartment! Finally, as I was re-checking the closet, I looked down and saw THIS. How he got in there is beyond me, as the opening is 3 feet in the air, and had he tried to climb it, it would have tipped over. Heart attack: Averted.
Lets start with the good. I love Thanksgiving. Between Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, leftovers, and football, it is pretty much my heaven. The only thing that could make it better is presents, but then, we call that Christmas.
Anyways, Jessica and I spent Thanksgiving at my parents' place, and we brought the kittens with us. My parents loved them so much, that they are adopting one of them - Milo, the white/brown one. Food was great, football was ok (start rooting for the Lions to lose so we can get a good draft pick!), but the only problem was that Jessica and I were only able to take home enough leftovers to get us through Friday afternoon. Boooooo. I like Thanksgiving leftovers. Solution: Have a 2nd Thanksgiving on Friday evening! After we ran out of leftovers at Lunch, we hopped over to Kroger, bought a turkey (on sale!), stuffing (we could've used my mom's recipe, but went for Stove Top instead), potatoes and other ingredients, and by 8pm Friday evening, we were chowing down on this!!!! Yum!!!
Sadly, it is now Monday, and we are out of leftovers again. :(
But, we got this awesome Kitchen Aid roasting pan (normally $80) for $20, after an instore $40 off promotion, the day after Thanksgiving, and a manufacturer's $20 mail-in rebate!!! Sweet!!!
So the good weekend continued - I did a hell of a lot of NOTHING, which is nice for a change. Nothing like Sasha's weekend.
Then, last night, Jessica had a group meeting, and as I sat around doing the last of my NOTHING, I noticed that the apartment seemed a bit quiet. Surely, the cats must be sleeping - I look over, and see Milo and Greybear passed out - half on the couch, half on their scratch pad...... but where the crap was Simon? Not under the couch, or the chair... not in the bathroom with their litter pan and food.... not behind the TV or under the blanket that I was sitting on...... I really began to worry that the cat had gotten out when Jessica left for her meeting. I looked all around and couldn't find the poor kitten anywhere! For about 10 minutes, this continued- me checking every square inch of the apartment. And its not that big of an apartment! Finally, as I was re-checking the closet, I looked down and saw THIS. How he got in there is beyond me, as the opening is 3 feet in the air, and had he tried to climb it, it would have tipped over. Heart attack: Averted.

3 Comments:
At 3:18 PM,
Sunshine said…
wow, those kittens, if possible, are even more adorable than the last batch ;) Glad you had a fabulous if gluttinous holiday. I too got to enjoy doing nothing and it was everything I hoped it could be. Boo, stupid Notre Dame - they were supposed to beat USC! True Blue spirit lives on the west coast too, BenLo. :) have a great week!
At 5:17 PM,
Kathleen said…
Gaaaa! Too cute! It is a wonder that they end up where they do.
And I am amused that you made yourself your own second thanksgiving dinner... I was far too lazy, and we made frozen pizza instead ;). The eating holidays wear me out.
At 6:07 PM,
Eva Fury said…
Er, yeah, they don't mention that in the kitten manual do they? Even when they grow up, they STILL do heart-attack inducing stuff like that (actually, one of our cats did that on Sunday night-ripped the house apart looking for her and then she just appears with that look of "what's bothering YOU??")
Post a Comment
<< Home