I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Friday, September 22, 2006

It has been a long time, hasn't it?

My apologies, dear friends. I have been lax with both posting new and exciting posts to my blog, as well as posting comments to my friends' blogs. But I have a good excuse: I've been busy. "Too busy for friends?", you ask.... and my reply is- yes. Too busy even for friends. Well.... maybe not - but hey- you know I love you.

Lets get down to business. What has gone on in the last 2 weeks.... Um.... I went to a baseball game. And it was awesome. I don't even care about baseball, and it was awesome. See husband and wifes blog for a brief video of me dancing. Yes, dancing. With my camera.

Anywho- I've been busy because I've been studying to retake the GMAT. I did that on Wednesday, and although I only wanted to improve my writing score (which I won't know about for another week or 2), I happened to also improve my overall score: I went from a 670 to a 710! That puts me in the 94th percentile of all GMAT takers! (It is also a better score than the average GMAT of any school in the country- except UPenn, who's students average a 711) Hooray! I also have my letters of recommendation being written for me.... so now I just need to fill out all the applications and write my essays....and pay the application fees.

Work has been really busy - the students have come back to school, and are already breaking things. (Really frustrating.) Although, whats more frustrating, is that they don't tell me about it until a week or two after its happend.... so I'll end up having one of these conversations:

Me: why don't you guys take that equipment downstairs with 2 carts?
Them: because the other cart is broken.
Me: What? How?
Them: One of the wheels keeps coming off.
Me (As I investigate the other cart): When did that happen?
Them: Oh, about 2 weeks ago.
Me: Well, this seems to be missing its internal washer and cotter-pin.... do you guys know where those are?
Them: we saw the washer thing last week, but I haven't seen it since then. The pin has been missing- thats how it broke in the first place.
Me: Why didn't you guys tell me about it when it happened?
Them: Oh, I just thought you knew.
Me:

I had 3 of those conversations about different pieces of equipment in the same day this week. I was so frustrated. I mean- I can get this stuff fixed, I can order new parts, I can repair/resolder/rebuild a lot of the things that we use.... but NOT UNLESS SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING!!! (And does so before they break it even further). Dumbasses.

Anywho, I'm psyched about the GMAT score - more confident than ever that I'll get into most of my schools that I'm applying to, and overall, just ready to NEVER STUDY FOR THAT EVIL TEST EVER AGAIN. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Nice! Congratulations on the better score! And if you ever need a proofreader for those essays, let me know (Although I would understand if you didn't want me, after the where/were mishap ;0)

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    good job, Benlo, on the improved score! :) i'm sure that you also improved your writing score and that now you're only application dollars away from being accepted to your program of choice.

    and hooray for the return of the blog entry - i was starting to get bored at school ;)

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    oh, and *lol* on your dance clip on wife's blog - classic! i love the pic further down too...*heehe*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home