I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Get this boy a Sippee cup!

How on EARTH did I manage to spill not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR Glasses of water this past weekend?!?! 2 of them were full glasses, the other 2 just partially full, and all four spills were seperate events.

I am not a clumsy person- what is going on here?

In other news, I've continued to workout in the morning, and have dropped about 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Only about 15 more to go.

I'm excited right now about the World Cup AND the Tour de France. How wonderful to have a summer with sports. Usually I get irritated right now, because we go from having basketball and hockey, to (yawn) baseball (yawn) for 2.5 months before (finally) football picks up. But this year is different. We went right from basketball/hockey to the World Cup, and now have World Cup AND the Tour. Whew! How exciting!

My pick for the Tour de France was going to be Vinikourov, but seeing as how his team was a bunch of dopes (har har), I'm going to put my money on Hincapie.

Which brings me to my next point - I say, if someone dopes- they are suspended from all sports forever. Doping means that you're using drugs to enhance your body in some way. Even if you stop taking the drugs and are banned for 2 years, you already have an unfair advantage- your body has already been enhanced. If pro sports want to stop doping: Lifetime bans from all professional sports/competitions if you're caught doping. That would put an end really quickly to the doping.

Lastly, I'm feeling both retarted and happy. You see- I just purchased a vacation to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, and got a pretty good deal on it. (Thats the happy part) The retarted part: I didn't ask for time off before hand, and didn't check my calendar that I keep at work. This morning, I had to call my boss and tell him that I had to cancel on a meeting (that I set up) with him and a vendor from a company (who is traveling in from a different state). In the same breath, I asked him if I could have some time off for the non-refundable, non-transferrable vacation that I had already booked.

More importantly, I didn't realize that Sasha's movie party was that weekend!!! (Thats the feeling retarted part)

All I'm hoping for (besides forgiveness from Sasha) is good weather. It is hurricane season....

We're staying here. Airfare for 2, plus 5 nights at the resort came in at $1,500. And its all-inclusive, so all meals/drinks are paid for, as well as non-motorized watersports. The only stuff we'll have to pay for are optional things like scuba diving and dolphin swims. (And probably the $20 transportation each way to the resort, and long term parking at DTW.) Whatever. Its just money, and I'm only young once, and I've never been out of the US/Canada, let alone an all-inclusive resort. Again - just praying for good weather!!!!!

Hey- Husband/Wife are in Mexico right now.... I wonder how they're doing!?!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    when are you going? i might be worried about the hurricanes too - beware of Cancun airport - call your travel-booking company and set up transfers to your hotel through them, and then look for your people at the airport - there will be lots of other volunteers looking to take you somewhere you don't want to go (having traveled through that airport a few times myself). also, tip for the wise - bring a mug or something to drink from if you're planning on being anything near buzzed with the "included" drinks at the resort - the cups are small with little alcohol to speak up. These are just some of the tips from Dr. Sunshine's World Traveler Guide (coming soon to the Borders near you) ;) in seriousness, i hope you guys have a great time.

    plus, i'm for italy in the final tomorrow :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home