I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Ok. For whatever reason, I'm putting off posting anything meaningful here, and I have a list of people I've wanted to email for about a month, but I've been putting that off too.... so if you're reading this... please understand that I'm not avoiding you, I'm avoiding everything.

That being said, maybe you'll find it funny, maybe you won't, but check out this guys's blog. I find it funny:
http://ghostsandwiches.blogspot.com/

(I'm also avoiding making that a link because I'm too tired and warm... pauses, gets up and turns on the A/C at work (no wonder its warm - its 78 degrees in here!).... to write those damn little ahref tags.

Anyways, I typically read everyone else's blogs before writing my blog post, and in typical fashion, Sasha has something fun to do. (Must've been a slow day at the office).
We'll get to that in a second. I've decided that both Sasha and Wife equally met my web challenge a few.... challenge? Challange? I'm too lazy to control click that word to see if its spelled correctly. I'm going to stick with the 'e' ending. Anywho, oh yeah - so Sasha and Wife have each found me online ... and so I have decided to be amazing, and instead of making you split the prize, give you each your very own 2 itunes downloads. I'll give them to you the next time we get together. (Hopefully sooner than later)

I feel like there was something else I wanted to say.... maybe it will come to me later. On with Sasha's .... thing.

The rules:
Put your mp3 player on shuffle, and list the first ten songs.
(Phew! That was tough!)

First Song: Possession (Sarah McLachlan)
Second Song: One Thing (Finger Eleven)
Third Song: Shut the Fuck Up (Limp Bizkit w/Method Man)
Fourth Song: Proof (Coldplay)
Fifth Song: Toxicity (System of a Down)
Sixth Song: Headstrong (Trapt)
Seventh Song: Over Your Shoulder (Seven Mary Three)
Eighth Song: Existentialism on Prom Night (Straylight Run)
Ninth Song: I know what I know (Paul Simon)
Tenth Song: Canon (Pachelbel)

Time to see what they mean to you!

Who does song 1 remind you of? This actually has a very profound memory for me.... a lot of the mirrorball album does. It was March of 2002, and I was having a really, really tough semester during my Junior year. I had just discovered this album, and I was listening to it on repeat on my iPod. It was about 10:30pm on a cool clear evening, and I was waiting for a bus on Observatory to take me to North Campus to work on a steaming pile of coding. While listening to this song, I decided to work harder at school, reprioritize, stop putting work first. I had as close to a moment of clarity as I've ever had.

What part of your life does song 2 describe the best? My search for love.

If you could dedicate song 3 to someone, who would it be? Wow. Ummm... this guy Mike. I've never met anyone that can talk for so long while saying so little.

Does Song 4's lyrics mean anything to you personally? No

Why do you like song 5? I dunno. I liked about 3 songs off the toxicity album. I think part of the draw was the awesome video for Chop Suey.

When did you first start listening to the artist of song 6? Probably somewhere around summer of ... 2002 or 2003. I was hanging out with a couple girls- one of which had a cottage up north. We would spend weekends up there.... Britt was the driver (car/boat), I was the bartender/music man. I'd fill my iPod with all the latest songs so we'd have fresh music on the boat. I don't remember what Jenni's role was. Token asian chick? :) No- I remember- she provided the sanity when Britt went crazy.

How many albums do you have from the artist of song 7? Zero. I have very few full albums. (Thank you Limewire).

How are number 8 and 9 similar? Uh.... they're both sung by dudes? I don't know that there are many similarities.

What is number 10's meaning? I'd say the overall idea is love. I mean.... it doesn't have any lyrics, but you can't help but feel either really happy or really sad when you listen to it. Happy if you're in love and have that person, sad if you're thinking of a love that you've lost and still ache for.

What song out of the 10 is your favorite? Toss up between 1, 8, and 10.... I'm going to go for Existentialism on Prom Night. I've learned to play it on the guitar, and I've spent more time listening to it lately, but I know that if you asked me in a year, I'd say Pachelbel.

What song out of the 10 is your least favorite? Shut the Fuck Up by Limp Bizkit. Why did ANYONE ever... EVER like them? Why did I??

Which song means the most to you and why? Possession. I can't really explain it. Sarah's music is just very moving to me.

Would you dedicate any of these to your love/crush? Ummm... no. Not really.

Would you dedicate any of these to your enemy? Who has enemies? Uh.. I guess Headstrong.

Do these top ten songs fairly reflect your music collection? More or less. I was a little surprised that Jack Johnson and Metallica didn't pop up. I have more of those 2 artists than anyone. And hey- Metallica sucks now, but I'll argue that their Black album is among the best albums of alltime.


So that was that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home