I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hello my friends. I sit here typing to you instead of working on my B-school essays like I should be. Life this month has been hectic: lots and lots and lots of b-school essay editing. I've been writing and re-writing and editing and re-editing.... and things still don't look quite the way I want them. But I'm close - my main essays are each about 1 sentance away from how I'd like them to look. Hey wife/Sasha..... no word on a pink party? Anyone up for a post-halloween get-together? I'm free Saturday, Nov 4th if anyone wants to hang out. My place, Husband/Wife's place.... wherever.

This week I go to South Bend, Indiana on Thursday for a visit to Notre Dame, and on Friday night, Jessica and I are going to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Palace (with The Mars Volta). The following weekend (Nov 10th/11th/12th) I'll be in Columbus Ohio, touring their business school.

Oh, which reminds me that last weekend I visited MSU for a B-school visit. I was less than impressed. I've moved MSU to 6th in my order of preference for B-schools. (UM-ND-OSU-Ill-Purdue-MSU-Miami,OH-Kansas). My last 3 have basically become last resort schools. I may not even apply to Kansas and Miami. Also, I just got a letter from the University of Rochester (in New York) - they are a top 40 school, and they have invited me to apply- and will even wave my application fee if I do so - I am a priority candidate due to my GMAT score. So thats pretty cool.

Oh- and last night Jessica and I made some really great Orange-flavored chicken (as seen on FoodTV's America's Test Kitchen) IT WAS AWESOME. I'll post a picture and recipe on my food page eventually. I'd really love to update that page more often, however, I've been a bit busy, and I hope you'll understand. Tonight: Chicken Pot Pie.

Short of that, not a whole lot going on. Lately I've been working extra hours 4 days a week so that I can take one day off each week- (usually Fridays)..... Jessica will become a foster for kittens or a cat w/her kittens. The Humane Society inspected her apartment and gave her an ok, and now its just a matter of contacting the Humane Society to get the kittens, and possibly taking a 2 hour "class" at the Humane Society. So that should be cool. Once we get the kittens, be prepared for lots of pictures and video.

Cya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home