I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Post #100
I'm done!!! Kind of!!!! I have a lot to say, but I'm getting pretty tired- I'll see what I can do for you.

A little over a week ago I took a trip to Notre Dame to visit their B-school. I spent this past weekend in Columbus, Ohio checking out Ohio State. Sadly, I liked it. A lot.

Columbus is a pretty campus - many of their buildings are boring, but they have a HUGE diag-like "Oval"... imagine a space about the size of 3-4 diags- all open with trees and grass and sidewalks. They also have some little hills- not like the flatness of our campus. OSU's rec center is the largest in the country. We got a chance to tour it, and it is FREAKING HUGE. We're talking BIG. And new.

Their B-school facilities are nice (Michigan's new building is under construction and what is being used now is on par w/OSU).

Columbus is a decent sized city- which would offer Jessica many employment opportunities beyond what Ann Arbor/Lansing would have.

OSU is a top 25 school, and offers many of the same things that other top schools can.

OSU's career placement services rank 2nd in regional placement- and I want to be placed regionally. Like maybe Chicago.

Anyways, it was tough for me, but I was pleasantly surprised. (And yes, I'm still a Michigan fan, and Michigan is a better school- I just may want to attend OSU's B-school because it may be better for me.)

So there's that. Anyways, applications are due tomorrow for ND and OSU, and I'll be glad to be done. I just finished my essays, and simply need to edit them a tiny bit tomorrow, and then send them off. All I'll have left is Illinois, which isn't due until Dec 15th. (Though I'm probably going to finish theirs by Thanksgiving, if possible.)

Tomorrow Jessica is supposed to take the kittens back. I have no idea what we're going to do. I might go crazy. I love those little guys. And I have no idea what we're going to do with the pooper scooper. And catnip mice. And scratching pad. And pet yard. And laser pointer. And jingling balls. Did we go overboard? Maybe. :) We'll just have to foster some more kittens. :)

Oh yeah- I saw Borat last night. It was hilarious. Go see it.

Last, but not least, I don't know about you, but I pretty much hate youtube videos, because 99% of them really, really suck. Here are some that don't:

Funny animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

Neat video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3g1saK04Ls

This guy has a ton of stuff- his guitar style is sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9to1auUNTk

More sick guitar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0-XcJPz0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35vLDWE50I

Who doesn't like Triumph the insult dog?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkF09TEcm8c

And a little Who's line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q26tyrecCY

Martial arts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj53RfHQqhs

And I know this isn't a youtube video, but it cracks me up.
http://www.collegehumor.com/update/tag:stupidquestionhalloffame

Ok, I summarized pretty well. I need some sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    benlo, i will only accept you going to OSU over Michigan after we beat the crap out of them on Saturday :) Then at least you'll have bragging rights. Glad that the essays are finally off you - I know that must be a big weight off your shoulders :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home