Yikes!
Have you ever looked at your credit card bill, looked at your checking account, and gone..... YIKES?? Yeah. Just had one of those moments. Luckily not one to make me totally crazy, but enough for me to think: if I pay all my bills right now, AND buy all my christmas presents for family right now.... I'll actually owe money. Luckily, the credit card bill isn't due for another 18 days, I'll have 2 paychecks by then, plus about $350 coming back to me from the gymnastics team (They are paying for the broadcast tapes, but I had to purchase them to get reimbursed), and about $130 from the visit to Columbus.... nonetheless- holy smokes, for me- thats cutting it close! Granted, there are a few charges here that I don't usually have- about $560 in charges related to grad school, (plus the $130 that Ohio State is sending me back).... damn!
This pretty much means I'll have to push my trip to the strip club back a bit- till at least January. :( I was planning on celebrating being done with my applications (I have 1 more essay to write, and I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow) by heading the Landing Strip. Jessica has never been to a strip club, and is a bit curious- but I'm not going unless I have around $200 to spend. Entrance fee, valet, drinks, tips for the girls on stage, paying for private dances, paying for entrance to the private dance area, tips on the private dance.... it adds up fast. Anyone reading possibly up for a trip in Jan? We'll talk later.
Oh well. Here's some news that I can't wait to share any longer: Jessica gave me my Christmas present early! (Actually about 2 weeks ago)...... a Nintendo Wii. And its awesome! Its so much fun, and though I thought the controller was going to be weird- it isn't - its actually very natural and easy to use. I wanted to wait and post a video of me playing (not showing you the screen - but rather, showing me using the controller) - its so funny to watch a person when you can't see what they're playing.
And for some sad news: the kittens are gone. My parents adopted Milo (the cute non-grey kitten), and the other ones went back yesterday. We'll miss them, but we're also glad to have no pets for a while. We don't have to feed anyone, or empty their litter pan, or wake up in the middle of the night to one of them batting at our cheeks.
Lastly- here is a little poll for everyone: How much money do you spend on food in a month? If you eat out a lot, add that in, but I'm really talking groceries. I seem to spend nearly $400 a month at Kroger. (Granted, Jessica and I eat almost every meal together- so its not like I'm eating all that food, and that number also includes other expendatures at Kroger, like hair care products, toilet paper, plastic wrap, etc)..... how much does everyone else spend? Am I spending way too much? I feel like I used to spend a ton less. (Of course, pre-Jessica, I was eating Mac & Cheese, hot dogs, and plain chicken breast a lot).
Lastly lastly: I somehow lost 2 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I may be the only person on the planet to have 2 thanksgivings, plus ALL the leftovers from the 2nd one and still manage to lose 2 lbs. (I'm down to a svelt 210.5 lbs!) Hey- considering last winter I gained 25 lbs, and I've now lost 14.5 of them - I'd say I'm making progress. Imagine putting on an eigth of your body weight, and then losing 60% of that weight. AND... I haven't been doing yoga for the last month, as I had been doing daily prior to this, and I haven't been doing any aerobic activity or working up a sweat in any way since.... I can't even remember. The weird thing is that in that fluctuation, my pants haven't gotten too tight/too loose to wear, and I haven't noticed any significant changes (it usually goes straight to my neck/face, and then to my midsection). Healthy? No. I really should work out more, because while my body may look healthy, I'm sure that my heart could use the aerobic activity.
Ooooh- and Jessica and I saw Carlos Mencia last Saturday while he was on his "Punisher Tour". He was awesome! And we got to see a dwarf run full speed across the stage. The funny thing was that the dwarf kind of reminded me of Husband. It was kind of his smile/facial expression and his behavior toward jokes being told. I can't seem to find any full-sized photos of him.... so look here - look at the shots of Carlos with the dwarf about midway down and tell me that it isn't a Husband as a dwarf! And if you do tell me it isn't, I won't listen. I was there- I saw him live. It was Husband as a dwarf, and thats final. Also, he was funny as hell- in kind of the frustrated-with-people's-ignorance kind of funny....so that might have something to do with the resemblance.
Well that blog post was certainly a cluster-f*ck of random thoughts. Join me next time for "What has Ben been smoking?!?!"
Have you ever looked at your credit card bill, looked at your checking account, and gone..... YIKES?? Yeah. Just had one of those moments. Luckily not one to make me totally crazy, but enough for me to think: if I pay all my bills right now, AND buy all my christmas presents for family right now.... I'll actually owe money. Luckily, the credit card bill isn't due for another 18 days, I'll have 2 paychecks by then, plus about $350 coming back to me from the gymnastics team (They are paying for the broadcast tapes, but I had to purchase them to get reimbursed), and about $130 from the visit to Columbus.... nonetheless- holy smokes, for me- thats cutting it close! Granted, there are a few charges here that I don't usually have- about $560 in charges related to grad school, (plus the $130 that Ohio State is sending me back).... damn!
This pretty much means I'll have to push my trip to the strip club back a bit- till at least January. :( I was planning on celebrating being done with my applications (I have 1 more essay to write, and I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow) by heading the Landing Strip. Jessica has never been to a strip club, and is a bit curious- but I'm not going unless I have around $200 to spend. Entrance fee, valet, drinks, tips for the girls on stage, paying for private dances, paying for entrance to the private dance area, tips on the private dance.... it adds up fast. Anyone reading possibly up for a trip in Jan? We'll talk later.
Oh well. Here's some news that I can't wait to share any longer: Jessica gave me my Christmas present early! (Actually about 2 weeks ago)...... a Nintendo Wii. And its awesome! Its so much fun, and though I thought the controller was going to be weird- it isn't - its actually very natural and easy to use. I wanted to wait and post a video of me playing (not showing you the screen - but rather, showing me using the controller) - its so funny to watch a person when you can't see what they're playing.
And for some sad news: the kittens are gone. My parents adopted Milo (the cute non-grey kitten), and the other ones went back yesterday. We'll miss them, but we're also glad to have no pets for a while. We don't have to feed anyone, or empty their litter pan, or wake up in the middle of the night to one of them batting at our cheeks.
Lastly- here is a little poll for everyone: How much money do you spend on food in a month? If you eat out a lot, add that in, but I'm really talking groceries. I seem to spend nearly $400 a month at Kroger. (Granted, Jessica and I eat almost every meal together- so its not like I'm eating all that food, and that number also includes other expendatures at Kroger, like hair care products, toilet paper, plastic wrap, etc)..... how much does everyone else spend? Am I spending way too much? I feel like I used to spend a ton less. (Of course, pre-Jessica, I was eating Mac & Cheese, hot dogs, and plain chicken breast a lot).
Lastly lastly: I somehow lost 2 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I may be the only person on the planet to have 2 thanksgivings, plus ALL the leftovers from the 2nd one and still manage to lose 2 lbs. (I'm down to a svelt 210.5 lbs!) Hey- considering last winter I gained 25 lbs, and I've now lost 14.5 of them - I'd say I'm making progress. Imagine putting on an eigth of your body weight, and then losing 60% of that weight. AND... I haven't been doing yoga for the last month, as I had been doing daily prior to this, and I haven't been doing any aerobic activity or working up a sweat in any way since.... I can't even remember. The weird thing is that in that fluctuation, my pants haven't gotten too tight/too loose to wear, and I haven't noticed any significant changes (it usually goes straight to my neck/face, and then to my midsection). Healthy? No. I really should work out more, because while my body may look healthy, I'm sure that my heart could use the aerobic activity.
Ooooh- and Jessica and I saw Carlos Mencia last Saturday while he was on his "Punisher Tour". He was awesome! And we got to see a dwarf run full speed across the stage. The funny thing was that the dwarf kind of reminded me of Husband. It was kind of his smile/facial expression and his behavior toward jokes being told. I can't seem to find any full-sized photos of him.... so look here - look at the shots of Carlos with the dwarf about midway down and tell me that it isn't a Husband as a dwarf! And if you do tell me it isn't, I won't listen. I was there- I saw him live. It was Husband as a dwarf, and thats final. Also, he was funny as hell- in kind of the frustrated-with-people's-ignorance kind of funny....so that might have something to do with the resemblance.
Well that blog post was certainly a cluster-f*ck of random thoughts. Join me next time for "What has Ben been smoking?!?!"

2 Comments:
At 5:47 PM,
Kathleen said…
1. Nope, not up for at trip to the Landing Strip... not my thing. And I'm still chuckling and shaking my head at your obsession. ;)
2. Totally want to see a video of you playing the Wii... I imagine it would be as funny/funnier than the dancing video!
3. Boo that the kittens are gone! What will you do without all that cuteness?!
4. We spend about $400 a month in groceries too... sometimes a little less, maybe $350. Good food costs a little more than a case o' mac and cheese.
5. I can kind of maybe see the resemblance in the face, but it is still a generally untactful (is that a word? If not, oh well. My degree gives me certain privledges) comparison. Boo.
At 4:55 PM,
Eva Fury said…
Er, yeah. I'm with you on the $ thing. I've realized that 3.5 years without a "real job" and being in grad school making next to no money, and having to spend my entire paltry salary from GSIing on my rent because while the cost of everything went up, the amount CUA was paying grad students didn't, basically now REALLY sucks because I have to dig myself out of that bloody hole.
So while I actually DO have a real salary now and don't have to pay for things like health insurance anymore, I am still paying for the last 3.5 years of no real salary and all sorts of grad school/living/eating/trying to have a little bit of a life expenses.
Sucky sucky. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment
<< Home