I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Fellowship of the MBA

I received my acceptance letter yesterday from Notre Dame. The 2nd paragraph was a bit of a shock. Notre Dame has awarded me a $20,000 per year fellowship. (Normal tuition for the 2 year program is about $32,000/year)..... so..... 60% of tuition would be covered. It doesn't change their standing with me, they're still behind UM and OSU, but it feels good. A little ego stroke, a bit of validation, a nice little confidence boost. (You may think I don't need any of that, but in the work part of my life, I do- its been a long 3 years, and Temps are not very appreciated at the U.) So that rocks! Here's hoping OSU and UM do the same for me! (Good chance for OSU, small chance for UM)

Last night Jessica and I saw Will Smith's new movie: "Pursuit of Happyness." Great movie. I hope that he wins an award for it, because DAMN that movie was....(tear)... ahem.... Hey- did you know that Will Smith was originally offered the role of Neo in the Matrix?? Its true! He turned it down, and guess which movie he did that year: Wild Wild West.

Thats all for now.... eventually there will be some video of me playing wii..... but maybe not till around Christmas time.

Peas!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Wooo! That's quite nice! Congratulatioins! When do you hope to hear from OSU and the U? I know you said you still have an interview with OSU... right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home