The Graduate Assistantship of the MBA
I have been accepted at Ohio State University, and have been offered a graduate assistantship (50% tuition waiver plus a $600/month stipend). I believe that next year I will be a Buckeye. I should hear back from Michigan around Jan 15th, but unless Michigan can drop about 50% off their tuition, I'm out of here. OSU's offer would mean about $30,000 in tuition costs. UM with no help would be $70,000 in tuition costs. That is a hell of a lot of extra money to spend on what amounts to the same education.
Christmas was good. I got a pretty sweet external flash for my camera (now if only I knew how to use it!).... Jessica and I made a trip down to Columbus this past weekend - we did a lot of clothes shopping for her, and I got her approval on Columbus as a potential place to live..... I got to hang out with Husband/Wife for new years - too bad Sasha ditched us for some boy!!! ;) We had a TON of fun- and both Husband AND Wife- neither of whom are video game fans, seemed to really like the Nintendo Wii. Plus we played a couple of great rounds of "Apples to Apples"...... what a hoot!!!!! And we all stayed up later than Britney Spears! (check out the latest on www.thesuperficial.com)
Sadly, I'm back to work, with no end in sight. I don't get MLK off, don't get a spring break, don't get a summer vacation.... its going to be work work work work work work work work GRADUATE SCHOOL. Maybe somewhere in there I'll have to plan a getaway. We'll see.
I'm not even going to talk about the terrible sports day that I witnessed yesterday. Blech.
Lastly, if anyone is in the mood for some reading that will make you mad, and will make you laugh, pick up Al Franken's "The Truth (with jokes)." I'm only through the first 50 pages or so and already I'm snickering and grimacing at the same time.... grimmering? Snickeracing? I dunno.
I have been accepted at Ohio State University, and have been offered a graduate assistantship (50% tuition waiver plus a $600/month stipend). I believe that next year I will be a Buckeye. I should hear back from Michigan around Jan 15th, but unless Michigan can drop about 50% off their tuition, I'm out of here. OSU's offer would mean about $30,000 in tuition costs. UM with no help would be $70,000 in tuition costs. That is a hell of a lot of extra money to spend on what amounts to the same education.
Christmas was good. I got a pretty sweet external flash for my camera (now if only I knew how to use it!).... Jessica and I made a trip down to Columbus this past weekend - we did a lot of clothes shopping for her, and I got her approval on Columbus as a potential place to live..... I got to hang out with Husband/Wife for new years - too bad Sasha ditched us for some boy!!! ;) We had a TON of fun- and both Husband AND Wife- neither of whom are video game fans, seemed to really like the Nintendo Wii. Plus we played a couple of great rounds of "Apples to Apples"...... what a hoot!!!!! And we all stayed up later than Britney Spears! (check out the latest on www.thesuperficial.com)
Sadly, I'm back to work, with no end in sight. I don't get MLK off, don't get a spring break, don't get a summer vacation.... its going to be work work work work work work work work GRADUATE SCHOOL. Maybe somewhere in there I'll have to plan a getaway. We'll see.
I'm not even going to talk about the terrible sports day that I witnessed yesterday. Blech.
Lastly, if anyone is in the mood for some reading that will make you mad, and will make you laugh, pick up Al Franken's "The Truth (with jokes)." I'm only through the first 50 pages or so and already I'm snickering and grimacing at the same time.... grimmering? Snickeracing? I dunno.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home