Alrighty-o.
So its been a bit hectic lately. I've been working on side-projects, one of which is a video to be shown at the UM women's gymnastics banquet on April 15th. That is coming along very slowly, as I'm trying to figure out a way to top last year's video. Thus far I'm stumped.
Yesterday I accepted an award at the Michigan Leadership Awards. I was one of 5 people named "Advisor of the Year". A little more info is here: http://www.umich.edu/~salead/lprograms/mlarecipients07.html
It was a nice reception, and nice to be recognized for some of the work that I have been doing.
I was also in Columbus this weekend attending a Red Carpet weekend at OSU. I met a few future classmates, and found out that I was the first person enrolled into my class. Kind of neat. The Director of graduate programs there is really nice, remembered me, and likes telling the story of how they got a die-hard wolverine to defect- and even to make them my first choice.
I'm considering quitting guitar lessons- not quitting playing, but lately I've had no time to practice, and I just don't know that its worth $25 each week when all we're doing is reviewing.
On April 14th at Crisler Arena, Michigan is hosting the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Northeast Regional Tournament. There are 6 teams that were invited, and only the top 2 move on to Nationals. This morning, I received a call asking if I would be interested in basically emceeing the event - coming out (wearing a tux) and warming up the crowd- and getting people pumped up for some exciting gymnastics. I said I would do it if they liked, but suggested that they talk to my friend, Rishi, whom I feel is a better public speaker. We'll see where it goes. More than anything, I'd rather just enjoy the evening with my friends.
Well, back to work. Or maybe some video games......
So its been a bit hectic lately. I've been working on side-projects, one of which is a video to be shown at the UM women's gymnastics banquet on April 15th. That is coming along very slowly, as I'm trying to figure out a way to top last year's video. Thus far I'm stumped.
Yesterday I accepted an award at the Michigan Leadership Awards. I was one of 5 people named "Advisor of the Year". A little more info is here: http://www.umich.edu/~salead/lprograms/mlarecipients07.html
It was a nice reception, and nice to be recognized for some of the work that I have been doing.
I was also in Columbus this weekend attending a Red Carpet weekend at OSU. I met a few future classmates, and found out that I was the first person enrolled into my class. Kind of neat. The Director of graduate programs there is really nice, remembered me, and likes telling the story of how they got a die-hard wolverine to defect- and even to make them my first choice.
I'm considering quitting guitar lessons- not quitting playing, but lately I've had no time to practice, and I just don't know that its worth $25 each week when all we're doing is reviewing.
On April 14th at Crisler Arena, Michigan is hosting the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Northeast Regional Tournament. There are 6 teams that were invited, and only the top 2 move on to Nationals. This morning, I received a call asking if I would be interested in basically emceeing the event - coming out (wearing a tux) and warming up the crowd- and getting people pumped up for some exciting gymnastics. I said I would do it if they liked, but suggested that they talk to my friend, Rishi, whom I feel is a better public speaker. We'll see where it goes. More than anything, I'd rather just enjoy the evening with my friends.
Well, back to work. Or maybe some video games......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home