Ok, so..... I am one busy S.O.B. - mostly with this video project that I'm working on. I did, however, build a macro light box, and I took some pictures with it. Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop installed on my home computer. I used to, but then I tried to install a pirated ....errr..... borrowed version of CS2, but then I messed up the install and screwed up my original photoshop files.... and now I don't have either one.
Which brings me to this brief rant. Why the $W%#@%$ do software companies make their professional software so freaking expensive?!?! They completely eliminate all possibility of the average user getting their hands on it and learning it. Knock the price down to something reasonable, and maybe I'll pick up a copy. But I refuse to spend anywhere near $500 for a piece of software. Kiss my ass. I'll keep visiting thepiratebay.org! Based out of sweden (which doesn't recognize intellectual property rights!), this is the most awesome torrent site out there.... if you're into that sort of thing.
Maybe I'll have to take my images to work and work on them there. Its not like I'm super busy these days at work. ;) (Grad school can't come soon enough!)
Other than that, I've kind of run aground with personal projects- I'm not working out, I'm not practicing guitar, and I'm not making a dent in the stack of books that I want to read before grad school. I just seem so tired whenever I'm not working. I really just want to sit and veg out. Though this is a good time to veg out- I'm following both the Pistons and Red Wings in their playoff runs, "The Office" ends their season tomorrow, "Heroes" has their season finale on Monday, America's Next Top Model just had a very disappointing conclusion....
Oh! Jessica and I baked cookies! (I know - that came from completely out of nowhere- no transition, no nothing, but hey - its my blog, and I'll write as things come to me! You want a blog that sticks to one topic and makes sense? Start your own blog!) Where was I? ... COOKIES! OMG - we made the most DELICIOUS cookies EVER. Only, I'm not sure how to reproduce them. We took a recipe and modified it a bit, not having enough brown sugar, and wanting to add raisins....but OMG - these cookies ROCK! They are soft and delicious, and have oatmal, choc. chips, and raisins. Though you can barely taste the oatmeal.... but soooooooooo tasty.
I'm probably going to gain a bunch of weight before the wedding. Oh- because you might check that blog next, or maybe you just finished checking it.... we don't have any new updates.... when we started the blog, we figured we'd be rushing to get this thing pulled together, but it really hasn't been that way at all. We finshed things weeks ago and have very little to do. We may post something this weekend, as Jessica's sister gets married on Friday. Jessica is a bridesmaid, and I am invited, and we'll be paying close attention to the interaction between Jessica's parents. Should be interesting.
Alright. Not the most interesting post, I know, but I'm trying to keep posting at least a little so that I don't neglect this thing for months.
-Seacrest Out!
Which brings me to this brief rant. Why the $W%#@%$ do software companies make their professional software so freaking expensive?!?! They completely eliminate all possibility of the average user getting their hands on it and learning it. Knock the price down to something reasonable, and maybe I'll pick up a copy. But I refuse to spend anywhere near $500 for a piece of software. Kiss my ass. I'll keep visiting thepiratebay.org! Based out of sweden (which doesn't recognize intellectual property rights!), this is the most awesome torrent site out there.... if you're into that sort of thing.
Maybe I'll have to take my images to work and work on them there. Its not like I'm super busy these days at work. ;) (Grad school can't come soon enough!)
Other than that, I've kind of run aground with personal projects- I'm not working out, I'm not practicing guitar, and I'm not making a dent in the stack of books that I want to read before grad school. I just seem so tired whenever I'm not working. I really just want to sit and veg out. Though this is a good time to veg out- I'm following both the Pistons and Red Wings in their playoff runs, "The Office" ends their season tomorrow, "Heroes" has their season finale on Monday, America's Next Top Model just had a very disappointing conclusion....
Oh! Jessica and I baked cookies! (I know - that came from completely out of nowhere- no transition, no nothing, but hey - its my blog, and I'll write as things come to me! You want a blog that sticks to one topic and makes sense? Start your own blog!) Where was I? ... COOKIES! OMG - we made the most DELICIOUS cookies EVER. Only, I'm not sure how to reproduce them. We took a recipe and modified it a bit, not having enough brown sugar, and wanting to add raisins....but OMG - these cookies ROCK! They are soft and delicious, and have oatmal, choc. chips, and raisins. Though you can barely taste the oatmeal.... but soooooooooo tasty.
I'm probably going to gain a bunch of weight before the wedding. Oh- because you might check that blog next, or maybe you just finished checking it.... we don't have any new updates.... when we started the blog, we figured we'd be rushing to get this thing pulled together, but it really hasn't been that way at all. We finshed things weeks ago and have very little to do. We may post something this weekend, as Jessica's sister gets married on Friday. Jessica is a bridesmaid, and I am invited, and we'll be paying close attention to the interaction between Jessica's parents. Should be interesting.
Alright. Not the most interesting post, I know, but I'm trying to keep posting at least a little so that I don't neglect this thing for months.
-Seacrest Out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home