I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Have I really not posted here in 3 weeks???

Shame on me! Wife has been posting like an english major on speed, and here I am not posting for 3 weeks. Damn people! Speak up! ;)

So what's new in the life of Ben.... I suppose we can break down that question into 3 parts:
1)Work
2)Other projects
3)Personal life

WORK: I'm at work now, and I'm posting to my blog, so obviously, things are under control here. I'm actually kind of excited, because a) the majority of the students have moved out of South Quad (where my office is located) and b) I'm going to have a decent sized staff this summer! Video games are so much more fun when there are more people! Yeah. Uh, this week I've been all alone, as the one person that usually works with me all year has taken a vacation. Short of that, I'm basically just prepping for my staff- next week will be some training and brainstorming, and then we'll be jumping right in to our projects. Sadly, I only get to enjoy this job for the month of May, as June signals the start of children's sports camps in my building, which means hundreds of smelly obnoxious children packing my elevators, and running around yelling their heads off outside of my office.

OTHER PROJECTS: I can't really talk about one of my video projects, but suffice it to say, it will be sucking up most of my free time in May. Hopefully, once I'm through, I'll be able to speak at length about this project.
Women's Gymnastics - that outside project is finished - the video that I created for the banquet was very well received, and it brought more than a few people to tears. Sadly, I was just about bawling by the time the video was over, having realized that this might be the last time that I see some of the parents and gymnasts. Very sad. The team made it to Nationals again, but faltered last night, and did not make it into the "super six".

PERSONAL LIFE: Things are going well. If you haven't been keeping up with the blog that Jessica and I are keeping together, please have a gander. This week we met with the wedding officiant to hatch out the ceremony. I hope to post about it soon.

I've stopped taking guitar lessons. Right now I just don't have the time to practice, and I don't like paying $25/week to essentially review. Its a shame, but I'm not going to stop playing, and hopefully won't stop learning.

Remember when I started a webpage with different recipes on it? I'm going to try to get back into that. Sasha bought herself a new digital SLR, and returned mine... and if I have time, I'd like to get back into that project. Especially because Jessica and I have started making sushi!!! We've started simple - california rolls, but we've moved into some shrimp rolls, and hopefully will get into some other cool rolls. I love them- they're great! Also, I've ordered an 'ebay remote' for my flash so that I can use my external flash farther away from my camera.... perhaps I'll build a Macro Studio and start using my camera. Ooooh, I wonder how sushi would look in a macro studio. :)

Also, Jessica graduates from EMU this weekend! She just finished all her exams/papers, and I don't think its sunken in yet that she's done. Saturday evening her dad and some relatives are coming into town. Her dad has invited my parents to dinner (they've never met - it should be ok, as her dad is pretty nice). It will be an interesting dinner - Jessica, me, my parents, her sisters plus one sister's fiance, her dad and his girlfriend, 2 of Jessica's grandparents, and an aunt and her friend. No word yet on whether or not we'll have her mom meet my parents before the wedding. I say it will be an interesting dinner, because Jessica's sisters don't like their dad's girlfriend. (this is the same woman that the dad had an affair with while married to their mom). So that will happen tomorrow night. :) I'm sure everything will be fine.

That and I've been sick for the last 2 weeks -- kind of a nose/throat/sinus drainage thing. I've been waking up pretty much every morning at 2am with coughs so bad that I am almost in tears. Unpleasant. Cheers! Lets hope I post in less than 3 weeks!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Husband said…

    you are gonna love the ebay triggers, I just got mine this week finally! If you need some good tracing paper for the macro box let me know, wife has a giant roll of it for some reason... oh yeah, I've got loads of spare flash gels too! hehe... another one gets sucked into the world of the strobist...

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Dude, it's been a long three weeks! I kept checking and checking... no new material! Thanks for the update ;). And I, for one, am definitely excited to see your new food posts... mmmm.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    you're alive! ;) glad to finally have something to read - i feel your pain w/ the sports camps...ewww. *crossing my fingers for a smooth dinner w/ no food flying across the table or sharp tongues piercing feelings* take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home