I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

I'm back! (Kind of).

Alright, lets give you a rundown of my exams:
(Median scores get roughly a B+.

Accounting: my score - 71%. Median: 67%.
Econ: my score - 91%. Median: 78%.
Data Analysis: my score - 93%. Median: 80%.
Enhancing Professional Interchange: my score - 32/35. Median: 31/35.
Organizational Behavior: Not sure yet. I feel like I aced it, and a lot of people seem to have had problems with it - which is weird because it was just a lot of memorization of models and theories, and then applying the model to small cases. (And the professor would even tell you which case to apply to which model).

So, overall - I'm in excellent shape, grade-wise. :)

In other "Ben-news".... I interviewed with Whirlpool this week to try to get a summer internship. The interview went ok, I think - but I know I could have done better. I can always think of great answers to the questions once I've left the room. :( It would be cool to get this internship, because they have a great Brand Management/leadership development program, and their headquarters are in Benton Harbor Michigan (about 90 minutes from Chicago).

I'll be coming back to Michigan the weekend of Dec 7th. Jess and I will probably only be there for the weekend, but hey- its better than nothing. Mark your calendars, because I'll probably want to see you all at some point that weekend. More details as the date approaches.

Oh- Jessica got a job a while back - she's working at Victoria's Secret (Corporate office). She's doing store-support... so stores call up needing different things, or asking questions, and then Jessica and the team she's on order things, set up various tasks, etc. She says its ok, and she has to start somewhere.

Other than that, things are going well - there isn't a whole lot of time to do "fun" stuff - I'm still busy almost every waking hour with something for B-school, and Jess keeps busy working, doing housework, and relaxing/rollerblading/reading. We have a pretty good system down - we just need to push through a little more. Apparently things begin to get better next quarter for me.. we'll see.

Alright. I've been procrastinating long enough. I have a financial accounting case to work through - we've been given a years worth of financial reports for a fictitious company, as well as a 7 page description of how the company operates. We need to come up with 6 solutions for the company- 3 that decrease debt, and 3 that increase profits. All solutions must be backed by the appropriate math and projections for realized debt/profits. I also have an econ paper to start working on that compares 2 companies from the same industry (I'll do Best Buy/Circuit City) that compares the executive compensation committees structure, and looks at the compensation for top executives.... and another paper about my leadership style and qualities.... plus I just read an entire book on "teamwork" yesterday, have a case to read for Monday in Econ, a chapter of financial accounting to read for Monday, accounting homework, a team meeting tomorrow to go over our group homework, and an exam Thursday to begin studying for..... and I'm going to try to make it out to a local tavern where the "Central Ohio Wolverines" (Local chapter of the UM alumni association) are going to watch the UM/MSU game. Good luck to me!! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Wow! Looks like you're doing rather well! Congratulations! Glad to hear that things are busy, but good. And I don't even understand how you'd figure out that accounting stuff... yech. We'll keep our calendars clear the weekend of the 7th - can't wait to see you guys!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    woah there, little mr. over-achiever ;) nice work on the midterms. take it from one who have significant over-achieiving experience, pace yourself - it's hard to outperform everyone else all the time. but hey, what can i say? you're a wolverine! it's 2nd nature! *heehe*

    wish i was going to be in MI the 7th - not coming home for christmas until the 19th. Was thinking of having a graduation party the weekend before christmas if you guys are going to be home. invites should be forthcoming in the next week or two.

    keep on truckin'! i know you will rock the rest of your assignments!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home