I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, March 10, 2008

I have exams this week. I had one today (rather painless, all things considered)... I have 2 tomorrow, and one Wednesday. Each exam is 3 hours long. I spent all weekend studying (not much else to do, considering the 16-20 inches of snow dumped on us!), but today, I can't seem to study.

I've been to every website imaginable, I've checked my email umpteen dozen times.... I haven't sent the 3 or 4 that I've been meaning to send... (Congrats Sunshine!!! I'll get around to it eventually!!!) ... but can I get around to doing the things I've been meaning to do? No. I should be looking at the differences between absorption costing and direct costing, at the EOQ model, and at overhead allocation methods. I should be going over my notes on how cost-effective ways to crash a project, at VMI's, and service concepts. Instead I took a nap, and played a little guitar. I found a new tech-blog to add to my list of blogs to check. I looked to see what games were released by Nintendo for their virtual console, and I played a new flash-based turret defense game that I found online.

Oh. And I can't stop staring at the box that was delivered today from Amazon, which contains one of my birthday presents - Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii. I know its in there. I want to open it so badly. But if I open it, I won't stop playing it, and I not only have to study tonight, I have to study tomorrow night too! Dear Anti-ADD gods, please grant me the strength to ignore the video game in the box, stop blogging and checking email, and study.

*sigh*

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    so, how is super smash brothers? I'm guessing you've opened the box now :) (ps, happy birthday one more time)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home