Anyone remember good idea/bad idea from the Animaniacs cartoons? Well.... here's Ben's Good News/Bad News:
Good news: I won't need any student loans beyond what I have for this year! Next year will be 100% free!
Bad news: I will have to work 20 hours each work as a graduate assistant next year instead of 10.
Good news: I have been able to spend a lot of time with Jessica this quarter.
Bad news: My grades. I have been below the curve on every mid-term, including having one of the lowest 8 grades (out of 140) on my marketing midterm, and one of the lowest 27 grades (out of 140) on finance. Ouch. Time to step it up.
Good news: "Lost" is awesome. Really awesome.
Bad news: Lost only airs one night each week, and is running out of episodes because of the stupid writer's strike.
Good news: I might be coming back up to Michigan the weekend after my birthday - like the 14th, 15th-ish.
Bad news: My birthday is surrounded by exams. Before, after, and on my birthday. Blech.
Bad news: My dad has cancer again. (Skin this time. Last time it was esophageal)
Good news: My parents both seem very positive that he'll be fine, and that the doctors believe they can get it with surgery, as it was another early diagnosis. Apparently its in his nose.
Good news: I'm hanging in there.
Good news: My sister got a real job! (Has been looking/working for CVS since she graduated last spring) - I'm so happy and proud of her!!! I think thats so cool!
Good news wins. (Nice try, bad news!)
Good news: I won't need any student loans beyond what I have for this year! Next year will be 100% free!
Bad news: I will have to work 20 hours each work as a graduate assistant next year instead of 10.
Good news: I have been able to spend a lot of time with Jessica this quarter.
Bad news: My grades. I have been below the curve on every mid-term, including having one of the lowest 8 grades (out of 140) on my marketing midterm, and one of the lowest 27 grades (out of 140) on finance. Ouch. Time to step it up.
Good news: "Lost" is awesome. Really awesome.
Bad news: Lost only airs one night each week, and is running out of episodes because of the stupid writer's strike.
Good news: I might be coming back up to Michigan the weekend after my birthday - like the 14th, 15th-ish.
Bad news: My birthday is surrounded by exams. Before, after, and on my birthday. Blech.
Bad news: My dad has cancer again. (Skin this time. Last time it was esophageal)
Good news: My parents both seem very positive that he'll be fine, and that the doctors believe they can get it with surgery, as it was another early diagnosis. Apparently its in his nose.
Good news: I'm hanging in there.
Good news: My sister got a real job! (Has been looking/working for CVS since she graduated last spring) - I'm so happy and proud of her!!! I think thats so cool!
Good news wins. (Nice try, bad news!)

2 Comments:
At 7:55 PM,
Kathleen said…
Drat! The weekend you might come up is when we'll be in Pittsburgh. Suck. It would be nice to see you guys, though!
I hope everything with your dad turns out OK... we're pulling for him.
At 10:35 PM,
Sunshine said…
Hey, hang in there - there are always a few bumps in the road to greatness and a few lower test scores are hardly going to be remembered out of your brilliant academic career :) So, keep on truckin', as one of my best friends from Chiro-school says...sorry to hear about your dad - if it's BCC or SCC, he should be good; even if it's melanoma and they caught it now, still good. I'll be thinking of him & you in the coming weeks!
Post a Comment
<< Home