I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brutal.

That was how I would describe my finance exam this morning. I mean honestly! Is there any reason that I would need to calculate the identical annuities separated by a year without payment that it would take to reach $6000 (nominal) with an inflation rate of 3% and a discount rate of 8%???? I mean SERIOUSLY!!!!

Midterms are over, thank goodness. And I have just enough time to plan Valentines Day: about 2.5 hours. :)
Actually, its kind of already planned - Jessica and I are going to grab some chinese takeout and spend a little quality time together. Thats it. No flowers, no chocolate, just a low-key evening together. Her, me, and a 26 page operations case to read by Friday. :)

Other things going on... I went to my first OSU sporting event - a basketball game (OSU lost) - and I saw it from a luxury box! It was cool - tons of food/drinks - a waiter, comfy seats... I could really get used to this whole business lifestyle. :)

Also, Lost is the most awesome show on TV. I wish I had more time to read all the blogs and learn about some of the backstory! Apparently, everything in that show has some significance to something else in real life... I just wish the writers strike didn't screw things up and cut short the season by a couple of episodes!

Alright... back to my studies. Tonight: A marketing case, and some cost accounting. (Boooo)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Ok, I have no idea what anything in that first paragraph means, but dude. Sounds brutal! :) Hope you two have a very happy Valentine's Day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home