This morning sucked.
We don't have class on Fridays, but we do typically have various leadership/professional development events. One such event was today, and was centered around developing your strengths. I somehow ended up leaving the house a little later than I wanted, and in my hurried state, I forgot to grab my parking pass. (I can't lock my car, so I take it out whenever I can.) I got to school, realized this, and drove back home to avoid a costly ticket (5 minute drive each way). After finally getting to school with about 10 minutes to go before the event started, I stepped out of my car, grabbed my bag, and then WHAM! I slip on a patch of ice and bite it. HARD. My pants are a bit wet, my hand is bleeding, and my pride aches... and I have to go build my strengths. (Balance and grace were apparently NOT strengths on this particular morning.)
So then I sit through an unnecessarily long workshop - it could have been done in 15 minutes. Maybe even done over email. So that was great. Then I got to spend the next 5 hours working on a finance cake, calculating the NPV of a fictional bakery, and also calculating the sensitivity if the price has a normal distribution, and then a lognormal distribution. And, oh yeah - the professor wanted each distribution to have 100 samples each. That was great.
I now have exams coming up, so I may enter an extended blog-silence... I should be back around Valentine's. (I hope)
Wish me luck or something!
We don't have class on Fridays, but we do typically have various leadership/professional development events. One such event was today, and was centered around developing your strengths. I somehow ended up leaving the house a little later than I wanted, and in my hurried state, I forgot to grab my parking pass. (I can't lock my car, so I take it out whenever I can.) I got to school, realized this, and drove back home to avoid a costly ticket (5 minute drive each way). After finally getting to school with about 10 minutes to go before the event started, I stepped out of my car, grabbed my bag, and then WHAM! I slip on a patch of ice and bite it. HARD. My pants are a bit wet, my hand is bleeding, and my pride aches... and I have to go build my strengths. (Balance and grace were apparently NOT strengths on this particular morning.)
So then I sit through an unnecessarily long workshop - it could have been done in 15 minutes. Maybe even done over email. So that was great. Then I got to spend the next 5 hours working on a finance cake, calculating the NPV of a fictional bakery, and also calculating the sensitivity if the price has a normal distribution, and then a lognormal distribution. And, oh yeah - the professor wanted each distribution to have 100 samples each. That was great.
I now have exams coming up, so I may enter an extended blog-silence... I should be back around Valentine's. (I hope)
Wish me luck or something!

1 Comments:
At 7:14 PM,
Sunshine said…
aww, Benlo :( Sorry to hear about your fall - any neck or back pain? hope not. Take care of that hand - with all the stress you're under, you are ripe for an infected cut :p
I know you can get through midterms and all your work. Just keep truckin' :) We are here to support you should you need it. Best of luck in the next few weeks!
Post a Comment
<< Home