I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I've been away for a long time. But thats good, because it means I've been busy.

The internship is going well - 5 weeks in, 7 weeks to go. This Friday I have an important presentation: my midsummer report. A bunch of managers listen to me speak for 5 minutes about my project, and then ask questions for another 3 minutes. Sounds quick, but it will be an important "test" - how well can I sum up my project, why its important, and my progress.

My Chicago trip the other week was great too - we got a free room upgrade to a king suite at the Palmer House Hilton in downtown Chicago. AWESOME. Pictures are here. We ate at the taste of Chicago, had some sushi at a nice restaurant, and had an all-around good time.

Fourth of July weekend - also a nice weekend. Last Friday we saw my Aunt for breakfast, Ro and Lyn for lunch, and Jess's family for dinner. We spent the next day with my parents and my sister and her fiance, and then we left Sunday.

I think I'm coming back to Ann Arbor the weekend of the 19th, though it will be to make a few near final edits on my documentary. I'll try to also be back sometime around someone else's Aug 5th birthday.

Random fact: last month Jess and I spent $550 on gas. Yeah. Thats awesome. We spent more on gas than we did on food. (Each of her trips to Benton Harbor costs about $100 in gas alone)

Peas out!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    wow, that's a pretty intense random fact! Why hasn't anyone invented that teleportation device yet?

    Good luck with the presentation! I'm sure you're going to knock 'em dead and answer all of their questions, as well as some they didn't even know they had :)

    Have a great week, BenLo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home