Hello my lovelies! I have the internets!
Yay!
I've gone a week without any internet access at all outside of work, and it has been killing me. I have very limited phone reception, and no TV, so I've felt rather cut off from the outside world.
Where to begin.
Work is going well - I have a cool project related to internet marketing - researching ways that Whirlpool could take advantage of it. I can't go into much more detail than that. But its pretty cool.
I'm making friends, although a bit more slowly than I'd like - I live a distance away from the other interns, so I'm not going to be able to hang with them as easily. And, while many of them have at least one more intern on their teams, I'm the only intern assigned to my supervisor. I'll get by, though.
There are about 150 interns - mostly from undergrad- only about 40 MBAs. I joined a softball team - we played our first game last week, and in my only at bat (its a big team) - I hit an inside the park home run. (Thank goodness their right fielder sucked.) :) No, really- she was bad.
My neighborhood looks bad, but it isn't quite as bad as it looks - at least, I haven't seen any guns or drugs yet, and I haven't heard any yelling, besides the kids playing on the playground outside my window. Next weekend Jessica is bringing the camera, and I'll try to get some pictures up.
Uh- miss Miskadventures - look at this link - specifically the chart under demographics. You tell me if Benton Harbor sounds like a great place to live. :) St. Joseph is great - really a quaint little town.
Loneliness.... its not as bad as I thought. When Jess left last Sunday, I was a bit down, but I picked up later on. The rest of the week flew by, and before I knew it - it was Friday, and she drove back up. (A trip she'll make most weekends). I was a little lonely on Wednesday too. Its tough not living with people or having a television- not seeing any human faces or hearing any voices can make things a bit sad. Should be better now that I have the internet, and can always dial up a video online- watch episodes from TV on abc.com, fox.com, and nbc.com. And now Jess and I can ichat and use the video feature, instead of me talking on the phone out on my porch, standing against the railing, hoping my call doesn't drop.
Anyways- life returns to Normal. Jess left earlier, and I'm just chugging through my to-do list, cleaning, emailing, and carrying on with the "administrative" side of life. :)
Yay!
I've gone a week without any internet access at all outside of work, and it has been killing me. I have very limited phone reception, and no TV, so I've felt rather cut off from the outside world.
Where to begin.
Work is going well - I have a cool project related to internet marketing - researching ways that Whirlpool could take advantage of it. I can't go into much more detail than that. But its pretty cool.
I'm making friends, although a bit more slowly than I'd like - I live a distance away from the other interns, so I'm not going to be able to hang with them as easily. And, while many of them have at least one more intern on their teams, I'm the only intern assigned to my supervisor. I'll get by, though.
There are about 150 interns - mostly from undergrad- only about 40 MBAs. I joined a softball team - we played our first game last week, and in my only at bat (its a big team) - I hit an inside the park home run. (Thank goodness their right fielder sucked.) :) No, really- she was bad.
My neighborhood looks bad, but it isn't quite as bad as it looks - at least, I haven't seen any guns or drugs yet, and I haven't heard any yelling, besides the kids playing on the playground outside my window. Next weekend Jessica is bringing the camera, and I'll try to get some pictures up.
Uh- miss Miskadventures - look at this link - specifically the chart under demographics. You tell me if Benton Harbor sounds like a great place to live. :) St. Joseph is great - really a quaint little town.
Loneliness.... its not as bad as I thought. When Jess left last Sunday, I was a bit down, but I picked up later on. The rest of the week flew by, and before I knew it - it was Friday, and she drove back up. (A trip she'll make most weekends). I was a little lonely on Wednesday too. Its tough not living with people or having a television- not seeing any human faces or hearing any voices can make things a bit sad. Should be better now that I have the internet, and can always dial up a video online- watch episodes from TV on abc.com, fox.com, and nbc.com. And now Jess and I can ichat and use the video feature, instead of me talking on the phone out on my porch, standing against the railing, hoping my call doesn't drop.
Anyways- life returns to Normal. Jess left earlier, and I'm just chugging through my to-do list, cleaning, emailing, and carrying on with the "administrative" side of life. :)

3 Comments:
At 11:05 AM,
Kathleen said…
Well, I stand corrected ;). Glad to hear that things are settling in. Summer will (as usual) be over before you know it!
At 12:57 PM,
sasha said…
Glad to hear you're getting settled. I know what you mean about living in a less than desirable area...NE DC was like that (er, can we say muggings, drive-by shootings across my street etc?) Hang in there. The summer will go faster than you think.
Keep us posted!
At 1:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Benlo - glad you are getting used to things in the 'hood :) And how could -you- not be making friends? ;p Just keep shaking hands and smiling and soon you'll have too many invites to know what to do with!
Hmmm, ichat - I seem to remember someone getting me an iSight a few years ago...*lol* maybe we could arrange a date!
Have a fabulous rest of your week - yay, Jessica comes in 2 days!
Post a Comment
<< Home