Good advice. Done and done. Instead of just randomly telling her, I was surfing facebook while sitting next to her, and I was adding other friends from OSU, and then began a discussion about how neat facebook is, in that you can catch up with people you've lost touch with. We then proceeded to look through people from my high school, and then I began to search for people I knew in college. What do you know- we happened to search for my ex girlfriend. ;) We both had a good laugh, and then searched for some of her old classmates/friends. Less weird than I thought.
BTW - I have no interest in adding my ex as a friend, nor would I poke or provoke any such conversation. Given our specific history, I would view it as inappropriate. There are only a select one or two people that I've had a "more-than-friends" relationship with that I still keep in touch with, and that is because somehow we were mature enough to actually be friends before AND after the relationship. Imagine that- me, being that mature! It boggles the mind.
Wish me luck this week - Friday I make my live-acting debut, as Fisher Graduate students put on a comedy show in front of about 500 audience members. We call it: Fisher Follies. I'll be portraying one of our professors, and in another act, I'll be singing!!! I also put together the slide show of "Senior Superlatives" - like - "most likely to end up in jail for a white collar crime...", and I've been a technical advisor for lights/sound.
Hooray.
Also, I'm driving up to Ann Arbor on Tuesday, showing a nearly-final copy of my video to the student group that it is about, fielding their questions for an hour or so, and driving back to Columbus. That'll be a long day.
BTW - I have no interest in adding my ex as a friend, nor would I poke or provoke any such conversation. Given our specific history, I would view it as inappropriate. There are only a select one or two people that I've had a "more-than-friends" relationship with that I still keep in touch with, and that is because somehow we were mature enough to actually be friends before AND after the relationship. Imagine that- me, being that mature! It boggles the mind.
Wish me luck this week - Friday I make my live-acting debut, as Fisher Graduate students put on a comedy show in front of about 500 audience members. We call it: Fisher Follies. I'll be portraying one of our professors, and in another act, I'll be singing!!! I also put together the slide show of "Senior Superlatives" - like - "most likely to end up in jail for a white collar crime...", and I've been a technical advisor for lights/sound.
Hooray.
Also, I'm driving up to Ann Arbor on Tuesday, showing a nearly-final copy of my video to the student group that it is about, fielding their questions for an hour or so, and driving back to Columbus. That'll be a long day.

2 Comments:
At 5:24 PM,
Kathleen said…
Well played, Ben.
Good luck with the acting... you'll be very funny, for sure! And good luck with the video, too. I hope it goes well!
At 3:05 PM,
Sunshine said…
Break a leg, Benlo! Best of luck in your debut! I'd love to see video of your parts should it be recorded :)
Also would still like to see your documentary at some point - I know you put a ton of work into it and I'd like to see the final version.
Nice way of getting the topic into conversation (re: Facebook people) and having it not be threatening or weird :) And you = mature? mmmmmmmm, ok, I'll give it to you (sometimes) lol ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home