Is this weird?
I had some downtime the other week, and I was googling/facebooking different people from my past. (Mostly curious what old friends from college/high school were up to).
Guess what -I found my exgirlfriend's facebook page - and learned that she got married (to her high school boyfriend who she broke up with when she started dating me in college, and then who she wound up getting back together with, which partly led to the breakup).
So, my questions are:
#1 - is it weird that I googled her? Has anyone else done this with their Ex's?
#2 - is it ever appropriate to mention that in conversation with my wife? I mean- I wasn't explicitly searching just for her - I was looking for lots of different people from my college/high school days. Its kind of neat that I found a couple old buddies from my reshall freshman year, but is this one off limits? I feel like it is.
Its funny, because to me, its not a big deal - I think its kind of funny how its that guy - she broke up with him for me, and then me for him. I'm happy for her, I suppose, though most of my "nice" feelings left for her about 3 years ago, and all thats left is memories of her lies toward the end when we were trying to get back together. For me, I wouldn't mind if Jess had googled an ex, but then, I'm a guy, and I'm not as delicate as most women.... though Jess isn't as delicate as most women either. Heck- she doesn't even cry during movies (I do. Big time. Ask about the first time we watched the Notebook. JEEZ!!!)
So.... probably an inappropriate topic of conversation, yes? Anyone else done it? Are there any other off-limit topics ya'll can think of? ;)
I had some downtime the other week, and I was googling/facebooking different people from my past. (Mostly curious what old friends from college/high school were up to).
Guess what -I found my exgirlfriend's facebook page - and learned that she got married (to her high school boyfriend who she broke up with when she started dating me in college, and then who she wound up getting back together with, which partly led to the breakup).
So, my questions are:
#1 - is it weird that I googled her? Has anyone else done this with their Ex's?
#2 - is it ever appropriate to mention that in conversation with my wife? I mean- I wasn't explicitly searching just for her - I was looking for lots of different people from my college/high school days. Its kind of neat that I found a couple old buddies from my reshall freshman year, but is this one off limits? I feel like it is.
Its funny, because to me, its not a big deal - I think its kind of funny how its that guy - she broke up with him for me, and then me for him. I'm happy for her, I suppose, though most of my "nice" feelings left for her about 3 years ago, and all thats left is memories of her lies toward the end when we were trying to get back together. For me, I wouldn't mind if Jess had googled an ex, but then, I'm a guy, and I'm not as delicate as most women.... though Jess isn't as delicate as most women either. Heck- she doesn't even cry during movies (I do. Big time. Ask about the first time we watched the Notebook. JEEZ!!!)
So.... probably an inappropriate topic of conversation, yes? Anyone else done it? Are there any other off-limit topics ya'll can think of? ;)

2 Comments:
At 4:20 PM,
Kathleen said…
I've done it, and Paul knows about it (googled an ex, that is). Admittedly, the last time was at the prompting of some students, so it wasn't all my idea. Paul understands that I am in NO WAY ever interested in that guy again, and I imagine Jess understands your situation, too. I mean heck, you're married. As far as I'm concerned, that's final.
Now all that being said, I wouldn't strike up a conversation with the ex. That might be off limits.
At 10:50 PM,
Anonymous said…
I would tell Jess about it, in the context of looking for other people you have lost touch with. She is a part of your past and has helped shape the person you are today. Open communication with your spouse is definitely key. I'm not sure how I feel about talking to her again (re: Kathleen's post) - if you wanted to leave a "Hi, hope you are well!" on her wall, eh, whatever - I don't think that should be an issue, but, hey that's just me and how my relationship works. Yours might be different and probably is :) Hope the end of the term comes together well for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home