I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Friday, May 23, 2008

3 more days of class. 2 of those days: just 2 hours of class each. Yowza. I can't wait for this quarter to end. Before it does, though, I still have 2 papers to write, and a presentation to put together - this presentation will be seen not just by my class and professor, but also by our director of graduate programs and our associate dean. Why did my research project have to be about improving our admissions process?!?!

Anyways, the exams are the first week of June, and then I move back up to Michigan (Benton Harbor) for the summer on the 7th of June. I start working on the 9th. Summer vacation has been reduced to a day. Ouch.

On the plus side, I already have an interview lined up for the fall. Kimberly Clark has a new recruiting process for "high potential" brand managers (apparently thats me). Its not a company I'm super interested in, but if they want to fly me out in mid September, and give me a tour of their facilities while trying to woo me into working for them, thats fine. Did my ego need the boost? After this quarter, yes. :)

I've gotta go - I arranged a macroeconomics study session for the day - time to talk about various formulas for estimating GDP, unemployment rates, and the real supply of money. BLECH.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Whoohoo! Congratulations on being almost done!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    Best of luck with papers, presentation and finals :) I know you'll rock them all! It comes as no suprise to me that your research project focused on improving the system - that's the Benlo I know! :) Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home