I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Carrots and Sticks.

I never knew how much I missed carrots and sticks. In almost anything you do, you use carrots and sticks - rewards and punishments. In my last job at the University, I didn't get a lot of either. And it sucked. I didn't realize how important they were until recently.

Lately, I've gotten a whole lotta carrots. :)
I totally nailed my midsummer report. You know its a good sign when in a debrief later with the program director, he tells you that you "knocked it out of the park", and then goes on to ask hypothetically, if they were to make me an offer, if I would be strongly considering it. :)

Then I get a voicemail from my boss telling me that I am "kicking ass", and to keep up the good work. Talk about cloud freaking nine.

Then, yesterday I had lunch with someone in my program (BPLDP- brand portfolio leadership development program). I figured that the program was all about getting experience in marketing management. He explained to me that the program is about developing future VPs and executives. That the BPLDP program pays well, offers better benefits, and gets more exposure to directors and management than other positions. So that was another carrot.

So things are going well! Thanks for all the well-wishing from everyone! I know that I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home