I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hello all.

I believe that the amount of time spent away from my wife has become exponentially more difficult. I have around 1 more week left, and every day at work seems like an eternity. I have one more weekend here in Benton Harbor. Jessica is coming up, and then she leaves and I have a couple days of work before I get to come home.

Because I can't fit all my stuff in just my car, I've been giving Jessica small bits to take back to Columbus each week. I now have no chairs in my apartment. I remain somewhat horizontal most of my evening. It kind of sucks. A lot.

The work is fine - I'm getting tired of working on a research project, and I feel like I've done about all I can with it. I somehow have to stretch it another few days. GRR.

One positive, I have been excused from jury duty. Yippee.

Sorry. Its hard to get excited when all you can think about is how its only about a week until you can start sleeping on a real bed, how you can't wait to be able to walk outside your front door to be able to go rollerblading or go for a walk without fear of being shot at, and how you can't wait to live in an apartment that did not belong to a heavy smoker..... ah, my apartment. I will NOT miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home