Exhaustion.
I participated in a case competition this weekend in North Carolina. We were up against 7 of the top MBA programs in the country- Harvard, Virginia, Chicago, etc.... and I am tired.
Wednesday night I had class until 8pm, then got 4 hours of sleep before getting up at 4am for a flight to N.C on Thursday. Thursday evening, we got the case and worked until about 1am. We got up at 5:30 Friday morning and got back to work. After working all day, and then all night on Friday, we finally turned in our presentation at 4:30am Saturday morning. We grabbed a "power nap" for 45 minutes, and then got back up to get back to the B-school by 7am for our presentation. We presented to a group of Pepsi executives- directors of marketing.... 20 minute presentation, and 20 minutes of question/answer (getting grilled). We did a good job- but not good enough to win the $50,000 prize.
I'm dead tired- I've had a total of about 10 hours of sleep in 3 days, and tomorrow morning we get up at 5:30 to get on a plane. I have a bunch of reading/homework that I need to begin working on, I have an exam on Wednesday in my ads/promotions class, and I need a weekend after this weekend.
I participated in a case competition this weekend in North Carolina. We were up against 7 of the top MBA programs in the country- Harvard, Virginia, Chicago, etc.... and I am tired.
Wednesday night I had class until 8pm, then got 4 hours of sleep before getting up at 4am for a flight to N.C on Thursday. Thursday evening, we got the case and worked until about 1am. We got up at 5:30 Friday morning and got back to work. After working all day, and then all night on Friday, we finally turned in our presentation at 4:30am Saturday morning. We grabbed a "power nap" for 45 minutes, and then got back up to get back to the B-school by 7am for our presentation. We presented to a group of Pepsi executives- directors of marketing.... 20 minute presentation, and 20 minutes of question/answer (getting grilled). We did a good job- but not good enough to win the $50,000 prize.
I'm dead tired- I've had a total of about 10 hours of sleep in 3 days, and tomorrow morning we get up at 5:30 to get on a plane. I have a bunch of reading/homework that I need to begin working on, I have an exam on Wednesday in my ads/promotions class, and I need a weekend after this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home