Anyone doing anything great for Valentine's Day?
Jessica and I aren't planning anything, as I have to work on a case-writeup all day.
Tonight, however, we have tickets to see the RedWings take on the Columbus Blue Jackets. We bought tickets, and one of my professors is a season ticket holder. He's going to bring his kids (teen-aged), and we're all going to go out to dinner beforehand. This professor and I have become friends- I come visit him every week after Thursday classes, I've gone to a hockey game with him before, and I've been to his house for a bbq before. He's really cool - really nice guy. Really talented, too - he plays drums, and does voices.
As an aside, I wonder why I'm closer with a professor than I am with most of my other classmates. Its been like that most of my life- I befriend teachers and co-workers rather than other students my age. Am I old and boring?
Jessica and I aren't planning anything, as I have to work on a case-writeup all day.
Tonight, however, we have tickets to see the RedWings take on the Columbus Blue Jackets. We bought tickets, and one of my professors is a season ticket holder. He's going to bring his kids (teen-aged), and we're all going to go out to dinner beforehand. This professor and I have become friends- I come visit him every week after Thursday classes, I've gone to a hockey game with him before, and I've been to his house for a bbq before. He's really cool - really nice guy. Really talented, too - he plays drums, and does voices.
As an aside, I wonder why I'm closer with a professor than I am with most of my other classmates. Its been like that most of my life- I befriend teachers and co-workers rather than other students my age. Am I old and boring?

1 Comments:
At 6:47 PM,
Kathleen said…
Speaking as someone who IS apparently old and boring, you must be mature in a youthful sort of way... the best of both worlds. Because let's face it; the Ben I know definitely still giggles at teenaged-boy level humor, although he can carry on very interesting, in depth conversations. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home