Man- life sure does get in the way of your free time!
Jessica and I love that we have 2 paychecks, and love that homework is gone.... but somehow other stuff seems to fill up all of our time. Granted - I am taking a lot of work home with me- a couple days this past week I worked from 7:30am-6:00pm (and worked through lunch), and then brought work home and didn't stop until about 10pm. Its fun - I really like applying what I learned in the MBA program- it makes me feel like my program was worth it. For some of my classmates, not so much - this has been a tough year for a lot of folks, and freshly minted MBA's were no exception. I'm making about 20% less than last year's average, and a couple of my classmates took internships that pay even less (and they don't know if they'll have jobs in a few weeks). I have heard of several other classmates that had to move back home to live with their parents.
But back to being busy... yesterday we spent most of the day shopping- groceries, costco, and at the mall. When we got home, it was time to grill- which isn't exactly a 30 minute meal. Heck- to get your coals going its a good 20+ minute process. By the time you know it, the day is gone. Today, had a friend from the MBA program over - he's from Taiwan and doesn't have a car, so that was nearly 2 hours total in the car, plus there was all the apartment cleaning before I got him, and then when I got home- more grilling.
Up next this evening, maybe a little Spanish (still plugging away at Rosetta Stone), and working with Jessica on interview prep. She's interviewing on Tuesday for a job in a different area at her company. We know it would be more pay, but we don't know how much (various online salary averages peg it at 20% to 100% higher than her current position). We're really hoping that she gets it, as she's getting a bit bored with her current position. This would be a sales support position, and I'd have to wait until she learns more about it, because I have NO idea what she would be doing - the job description said pretty much nothing. :)
So this is what life is like....
Jessica and I love that we have 2 paychecks, and love that homework is gone.... but somehow other stuff seems to fill up all of our time. Granted - I am taking a lot of work home with me- a couple days this past week I worked from 7:30am-6:00pm (and worked through lunch), and then brought work home and didn't stop until about 10pm. Its fun - I really like applying what I learned in the MBA program- it makes me feel like my program was worth it. For some of my classmates, not so much - this has been a tough year for a lot of folks, and freshly minted MBA's were no exception. I'm making about 20% less than last year's average, and a couple of my classmates took internships that pay even less (and they don't know if they'll have jobs in a few weeks). I have heard of several other classmates that had to move back home to live with their parents.
But back to being busy... yesterday we spent most of the day shopping- groceries, costco, and at the mall. When we got home, it was time to grill- which isn't exactly a 30 minute meal. Heck- to get your coals going its a good 20+ minute process. By the time you know it, the day is gone. Today, had a friend from the MBA program over - he's from Taiwan and doesn't have a car, so that was nearly 2 hours total in the car, plus there was all the apartment cleaning before I got him, and then when I got home- more grilling.
Up next this evening, maybe a little Spanish (still plugging away at Rosetta Stone), and working with Jessica on interview prep. She's interviewing on Tuesday for a job in a different area at her company. We know it would be more pay, but we don't know how much (various online salary averages peg it at 20% to 100% higher than her current position). We're really hoping that she gets it, as she's getting a bit bored with her current position. This would be a sales support position, and I'd have to wait until she learns more about it, because I have NO idea what she would be doing - the job description said pretty much nothing. :)
So this is what life is like....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home