Well, the week started off great..... and has quickly gone downhill since then.
I got a hold of Angela, and we made plans to go to dinner on Thursday. But before I could get her address, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to get a hold of her since then. I don't know what happened. So, its up to her to call me.
The big news: the University of Washington job I applied for got back to me: NO. They hired someone "whose skills more closely matched their needs." Suck.
But, the rest of my life is fine. I am still lifting weights, and I have really begun to push myself when jogging and rollerblading. I am going farther, faster, and for longer periods of time. I started running from my house (Think of it as being the end of E. University) to the Chem Building and back. The first few attempts, I would have to slow down to a walk before getting to S. University. Today, I ran from my house to Rackham and back, and didn't slow down once. I just tried to put myself into a zone - kind of like the self-hypnosis that I have been working on. I just didn't think about the pain, or that I was tired. I just focused on my breathing, and focused my eyes on whatever was about 200 yards ahead of me.
Weightlifting - I have been reading about pre and post workout meals, and have changed my diet as a result. I am eating a protein bar, 16oz of water, and some dry-high-carb cereal w/honey (for more carbs) at work - about 30 minutes before I leave. Then, as soon as I get home - I have a protein shake, and then begin my warmup. Then I jog or blade for about 20 minutes, then drink more water and stretch, then lift for 30-45 minutes, and consume more water, and then I have a protein drink about 15 minutes after I stop. Then, about 1 hour later, I have a high protein meal - today, because I worked out before breakfast, I had 8 eggs (scrambled) (protein!), a glass of OJ, 10 strawberries, and 5 blueberry pancakes (carbs). Its 4pm, and I will be having some more carbs - from the high carb ceral (its Kroger brand multi-grain crisp). In another hour I will have a big plate of tuna noodle casserole and cottage cheese (both protein and carbs), and around 9pm, I will probably have some grilled chicken.
Results from this kind of a diet - I already feel bigger - it may just be psychological, because I haven't been eating this way for long, but I feel bigger- stronger - like I have more muscle. I know I am getting stronger because of my weightlifiting logs - I am lifting a lot more than I was when I started.
But enough of that....
During the week, I do well with keeping busy. I have noticed that I waste weekends if I don't make to-do lists.... so I made one this morning. I made sure to put down both "have-to" and fun items on my list. So today, I made sure to include "Watch Sweet Home Alabama", and "Play some Diablo" on my list. I will make sure to do just that.
Overall, I guess I feel that I am improving myself to some degree, but I know that I am holding back because I don't have a real job. I'm so up in the air on where I'm going to be, that I'm not trying to start a relationship with anyone, and I'm not able to make commitments to things - like taking a karate class, or joining a rec league. I'd like to do those things, and make them part of my life, but I'm not about to if I know I am going to leave. If I had gotten the UW job, I would have been gone in a matter of 3 weeks. The thing is .... I don't know when I'm going to go..... and I feel like I'm putting part of my life on hold because of it. I would love to say that all I need is to get a job and leave and then I can "start my life", but then, what is this thing I am living if its not my life????
I got a hold of Angela, and we made plans to go to dinner on Thursday. But before I could get her address, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to get a hold of her since then. I don't know what happened. So, its up to her to call me.
The big news: the University of Washington job I applied for got back to me: NO. They hired someone "whose skills more closely matched their needs." Suck.
But, the rest of my life is fine. I am still lifting weights, and I have really begun to push myself when jogging and rollerblading. I am going farther, faster, and for longer periods of time. I started running from my house (Think of it as being the end of E. University) to the Chem Building and back. The first few attempts, I would have to slow down to a walk before getting to S. University. Today, I ran from my house to Rackham and back, and didn't slow down once. I just tried to put myself into a zone - kind of like the self-hypnosis that I have been working on. I just didn't think about the pain, or that I was tired. I just focused on my breathing, and focused my eyes on whatever was about 200 yards ahead of me.
Weightlifting - I have been reading about pre and post workout meals, and have changed my diet as a result. I am eating a protein bar, 16oz of water, and some dry-high-carb cereal w/honey (for more carbs) at work - about 30 minutes before I leave. Then, as soon as I get home - I have a protein shake, and then begin my warmup. Then I jog or blade for about 20 minutes, then drink more water and stretch, then lift for 30-45 minutes, and consume more water, and then I have a protein drink about 15 minutes after I stop. Then, about 1 hour later, I have a high protein meal - today, because I worked out before breakfast, I had 8 eggs (scrambled) (protein!), a glass of OJ, 10 strawberries, and 5 blueberry pancakes (carbs). Its 4pm, and I will be having some more carbs - from the high carb ceral (its Kroger brand multi-grain crisp). In another hour I will have a big plate of tuna noodle casserole and cottage cheese (both protein and carbs), and around 9pm, I will probably have some grilled chicken.
Results from this kind of a diet - I already feel bigger - it may just be psychological, because I haven't been eating this way for long, but I feel bigger- stronger - like I have more muscle. I know I am getting stronger because of my weightlifiting logs - I am lifting a lot more than I was when I started.
But enough of that....
During the week, I do well with keeping busy. I have noticed that I waste weekends if I don't make to-do lists.... so I made one this morning. I made sure to put down both "have-to" and fun items on my list. So today, I made sure to include "Watch Sweet Home Alabama", and "Play some Diablo" on my list. I will make sure to do just that.
Overall, I guess I feel that I am improving myself to some degree, but I know that I am holding back because I don't have a real job. I'm so up in the air on where I'm going to be, that I'm not trying to start a relationship with anyone, and I'm not able to make commitments to things - like taking a karate class, or joining a rec league. I'd like to do those things, and make them part of my life, but I'm not about to if I know I am going to leave. If I had gotten the UW job, I would have been gone in a matter of 3 weeks. The thing is .... I don't know when I'm going to go..... and I feel like I'm putting part of my life on hold because of it. I would love to say that all I need is to get a job and leave and then I can "start my life", but then, what is this thing I am living if its not my life????

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home