So..... just a quick post for right now.
I need to get my priorities straight. I am eating great, and pushing myself to work out - and I devote about an hour per day to working out. And I'm very happy about it. But then there is my job search. That should be just as important, if not MORE so than working out. Why is it then, that I am setting my goals at applying to a meager 2 jobs per weekday and 3 per weekend? Why is it that I can barely even do that? Maybe I just need a little time to get used to it. After all, when I started eating different and working out, I hated that too. But it grew on me. Maybe I should make it into a game - apply to some normal jobs - but then find a "fun" job to apply to. I dunno - just to mix it up. It would be kind of neat to get a TV job, or work at Pixar or something. Not that I necessarily have the proper qualifications, but come on - I'm a Michigan Grad. Leaders and Best, right? :)
I'm dissapointed that I didn't take any classes from community college this past year - I wish I had gotten some server or network training. I think it would help me to get certified. In something. In anything. :)
I've decided to take up programming again. I have the resources at work to do it, and the people to help me.... monday I will talk to Andrew and Rodger and see if they have anything I can program - I have been working on perl scripting the last month. Now maybe its time for a little C or PHP or something. I have looked for a few programming jobs - maybe this will help me get a job period. I dunno.
On the brighter side, I have started reading again. I am reading Enders game, by Orson Scott Card. I love it. I have a couple other books lined up too, courtesy of my parents. And thats that. I will try to update again soon. Tonight is a busy one though: Pistons made it to the NBA finals! Go Pistons!!!
I need to get my priorities straight. I am eating great, and pushing myself to work out - and I devote about an hour per day to working out. And I'm very happy about it. But then there is my job search. That should be just as important, if not MORE so than working out. Why is it then, that I am setting my goals at applying to a meager 2 jobs per weekday and 3 per weekend? Why is it that I can barely even do that? Maybe I just need a little time to get used to it. After all, when I started eating different and working out, I hated that too. But it grew on me. Maybe I should make it into a game - apply to some normal jobs - but then find a "fun" job to apply to. I dunno - just to mix it up. It would be kind of neat to get a TV job, or work at Pixar or something. Not that I necessarily have the proper qualifications, but come on - I'm a Michigan Grad. Leaders and Best, right? :)
I'm dissapointed that I didn't take any classes from community college this past year - I wish I had gotten some server or network training. I think it would help me to get certified. In something. In anything. :)
I've decided to take up programming again. I have the resources at work to do it, and the people to help me.... monday I will talk to Andrew and Rodger and see if they have anything I can program - I have been working on perl scripting the last month. Now maybe its time for a little C or PHP or something. I have looked for a few programming jobs - maybe this will help me get a job period. I dunno.
On the brighter side, I have started reading again. I am reading Enders game, by Orson Scott Card. I love it. I have a couple other books lined up too, courtesy of my parents. And thats that. I will try to update again soon. Tonight is a busy one though: Pistons made it to the NBA finals! Go Pistons!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home