Lets get right down to business. I have new goals. Attainable goals. Specific goals. Goals that build off of previous goals. And now, without further ado... the goals:
1) study japanese for 30 minutes, 3 times per week.
2) work out 3 times per week.
3) study guitar/music theory for 30 minutes, 3 times per week
4) read for 30 minutes, 3 times per week. My current book is on memory and the improvement of.
5) study OS X / UNIX stuff for 30 minutes, 4 times per week.
I figure, if I do at least 2 or 3 of these per day, I'll be in good shape. And thats only like an hour or two per day. I can do that. To help me with the goals, I have a sheet that I make check marks in each time I complete part of my goals. If I spend 30 minutes on Japanese, that column gets a check (for that week). This way, I can see where I'm spending my time, and which tasks I'm gravitating toward.
I also have a short-term goal checklist. This includes things I need to do, or that I've been meaning to do - so that I don't forget or put them off. I try to knock off 1 or more of these per day. A few from my list: pay bills, organize drawers, christmas shopping, vaccuum, meet with Rishi, go to bank and cash checks, get email address of Rodger's friend, call Mark, blah blah blah. Pretty acheivable, I think.
Bottom line - I like lists, and now I have 2 more to work with. :)
Everything else in life is peachy. I'm working hard at Sites, I have some strong goals toward being the Sites.Mac lead. But I have a lot of learning to do first. Jessica + me = fine. We've been hanging out and watching movies, mostly. We are due to go out somewhere - maybe another comedy club thing or something. I dunno.... I'll think of something. Drama continues with my sister's life... I think I've said my peace - maybe more than I should have. I think I'll pull back and try not to cramp her style. Thats about it. Nothing spectacular - just chuggin through life, trying to be the best me I can.
1) study japanese for 30 minutes, 3 times per week.
2) work out 3 times per week.
3) study guitar/music theory for 30 minutes, 3 times per week
4) read for 30 minutes, 3 times per week. My current book is on memory and the improvement of.
5) study OS X / UNIX stuff for 30 minutes, 4 times per week.
I figure, if I do at least 2 or 3 of these per day, I'll be in good shape. And thats only like an hour or two per day. I can do that. To help me with the goals, I have a sheet that I make check marks in each time I complete part of my goals. If I spend 30 minutes on Japanese, that column gets a check (for that week). This way, I can see where I'm spending my time, and which tasks I'm gravitating toward.
I also have a short-term goal checklist. This includes things I need to do, or that I've been meaning to do - so that I don't forget or put them off. I try to knock off 1 or more of these per day. A few from my list: pay bills, organize drawers, christmas shopping, vaccuum, meet with Rishi, go to bank and cash checks, get email address of Rodger's friend, call Mark, blah blah blah. Pretty acheivable, I think.
Bottom line - I like lists, and now I have 2 more to work with. :)
Everything else in life is peachy. I'm working hard at Sites, I have some strong goals toward being the Sites.Mac lead. But I have a lot of learning to do first. Jessica + me = fine. We've been hanging out and watching movies, mostly. We are due to go out somewhere - maybe another comedy club thing or something. I dunno.... I'll think of something. Drama continues with my sister's life... I think I've said my peace - maybe more than I should have. I think I'll pull back and try not to cramp her style. Thats about it. Nothing spectacular - just chuggin through life, trying to be the best me I can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home