What can I say that I haven't said already? Things are still going well. I haven't heard anything new about that job opportunity, but I'm not worried. I win no matter how it goes. Work is going well, Jessica and I are doing well, my guitar playing is starting to sound pretty good... I'm still eating healthily and exercising on a regular basis.... life is good. My improvement has slowed a bit - I'm concentrating more on Jessica, and lately have been watching a little more tv than in recent weeks. I'm ok with that, but would like to start being a little more productive. I need to start making more lists. That will help me get things done.
Friday Jessica and I are going out again. It will be our 7th date, and will be (almost) our 1 month anniversary. I guess technically you celebrate the 1st date, but this saturday will mark 4 weeks exactly that I asked her out. So whatever.
This past weekend I went home, saw my family and my great aunt. My sister is doing allright - Bio is giving her a hard time, but she's ok other than that.
I dunno - life is good. I think that can almost be a bad thing - what is my challenge - what is my motivation to improve right now? My motivation used to be that I wanted to improve myself so that I could be this awesome guy when meeting girls, but guess what?!: I AM an awesome guy, and I don't need to meet any more girls. (Not saying that Jessica is the one - just saying that while we are dating, I don't need to meet anyone). I think I need to refocus - revisit my goals and then decide which are still important, and which I don't need anymore.
I am reading a Tony Robbins book right now: Unlimited Power. I'm learning a few tricks about changing your mood- you can do it simply by thinking about memories, and changing how you see those memories - if you want to be happy - take a pleasureable memory- think about it in your mind, and then make it bigger, brighter, warmer, louder - imagine that you're in a movie theater and that memory is the movie - literally take what you see and do those things to it, just as the director can do with a movie. If you want to stop dwelling on a sad memory, do the opposite- become dissassociated with it - instead of seeing it 1st person, remove yourself and see it from a 3rd person point of view - then make it darker, smaller, quieter, colder... Theres a little more to it, but you can change your mood just by doing this to your memories. You can actually change memories this way, making sad memories harder to remember, fuzzier, and making happy memories more vivid.
Friday Jessica and I are going out again. It will be our 7th date, and will be (almost) our 1 month anniversary. I guess technically you celebrate the 1st date, but this saturday will mark 4 weeks exactly that I asked her out. So whatever.
This past weekend I went home, saw my family and my great aunt. My sister is doing allright - Bio is giving her a hard time, but she's ok other than that.
I dunno - life is good. I think that can almost be a bad thing - what is my challenge - what is my motivation to improve right now? My motivation used to be that I wanted to improve myself so that I could be this awesome guy when meeting girls, but guess what?!: I AM an awesome guy, and I don't need to meet any more girls. (Not saying that Jessica is the one - just saying that while we are dating, I don't need to meet anyone). I think I need to refocus - revisit my goals and then decide which are still important, and which I don't need anymore.
I am reading a Tony Robbins book right now: Unlimited Power. I'm learning a few tricks about changing your mood- you can do it simply by thinking about memories, and changing how you see those memories - if you want to be happy - take a pleasureable memory- think about it in your mind, and then make it bigger, brighter, warmer, louder - imagine that you're in a movie theater and that memory is the movie - literally take what you see and do those things to it, just as the director can do with a movie. If you want to stop dwelling on a sad memory, do the opposite- become dissassociated with it - instead of seeing it 1st person, remove yourself and see it from a 3rd person point of view - then make it darker, smaller, quieter, colder... Theres a little more to it, but you can change your mood just by doing this to your memories. You can actually change memories this way, making sad memories harder to remember, fuzzier, and making happy memories more vivid.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home