I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, August 30, 2004

I think its time to get moving again. Get back on track with the things that I intended. I Have become very lax with my goals. For the last 2 weeks it seems that my goals have been sitting on the couch and watching the olympics. I worked out a few days, and have been good about sticking to my diet, but I haven't spent enough time with Amy, or playing guitar, or with reading. Perhaps we can consider this last couple weeks as my vacation from my to-do's. Now I feel I need to get back on track with my goals - reading more often, working out daily again... I still want a six pack!!!!!

I haven't settled into a groove yet, because I know that there is going to be a big change again in a matter of 2 weeks.... Amy leaves soon, and that will represent a huge change in my life. No more person to sit around and talk to at all hours of the evening, no one to roll over and hug in the middle of the night, and no dog to come home and play with. Good old Red. ;)

As for Amy, I care for her greatly, and wonder if she cares about me the same way. I know that I annoy her sometimes.... she doesn't like my sarcasm, or what I consider playfullness, and so I wonder if she simply puts up with me and is here because it is a place to stay, or if she cares about me and just has a wall up - and finds it easier to criticize because it protects her from any sad feelings when she leaves. I find it hard to read her at times, and at others - it is very simple. She leaves around the weekend of Sept 11th, and I guess that that will be that.

I feel like I am starting to slip away from my friendships.... I saw Anne for the last time before she moves off to Oregon. That was sad for me. She and I are good friends, and I would like to remain that way, and I find her moving to be distressing. Kathleen got engaged, as did Kelly Utrup.... for some reason, that makes it seem like I will be seeing less of them. I haven't spoken to my friend Jenny in over a month- I still have her birthday card sitting on my desk, and her birthday was back in July. Jen and I haven't spoken since.... I don't even recall - beginning of June perhaps. I go through waves of not thinking about her at all, and then the opposite - thinking of her nonstop - what she is doing, why she doesn't call, wondering if she is thinking of me. I won't call her, and don't want her to re-enter my life, but would like to know that she is doing well, and has moved on with her life. I think it would bring me a lot of closure to know that she is doing well and has found a job in her field. I still care for her - and I don't think anything will ever change that.

On the job front - I have a new lead - a company called incat found my resume on Monster, and I have already interviewed with a guy. Incat is kind of like a consulting firm, and I would be working for incat at one of their customers- calty. Calty is one of Toyota's design firms, and they just opened a satellite office here in Ann Arbor. I will have a second interview sometime soon, and if the customer likes me, incat will make me an offer. I won't accept any less than $40,000. (The job does pay benefits). Steve Sarrica is still trying to get me a job at Sites for roughly the same amount - and though the position hasn't been created yet, I feel that he will come through for me and slip me past HR. If not for HR, I would have had benefits and a permanent place already. Stupid HR.

Tomorrow I restart my to-do list. I intend to stick to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home