Wow. So, for the last week or so, a lot of Diabloing with Kevin and Liz, some hanging out with Amy, and a bunch of working out. Sorry for not writing more often - or even sooner, after you emailed me. I can just say that not having an internet connection at home sucks. I have to post either at work, which I feel kind of funny about, or I have to come to work after hours to write. Anyways, I'll try to be better about it.
With regards to you coming to visit - I'm totally up for whatever. You can even crash at my place if you need a place to stay. I have a spare bed upstairs... though it is a loft.... and its hard to get into.... but there's also a futon in the living room. Regardless - we will definitely hang out!
So.... some big news.....
I gotta tell you. Last night blew my mind. Amy called to ask for a ride home from the bar - so I picked her up and brought her back. We hung out and I made sure she was drinking water..... and we hugged for a while..... such a simple thing, and yet, it meant so much to me - just hugging her - holding each other. I haven't been hugged like that in about 2 months. I really needed it. I think she did too. She seems a little lonely here, and I try to make sure I see her at least a little in the evenings to keep her from being alone after work all day. Last night she asked if I would sleep next to her - keep her company.
Well of course- I mean - I'm attracted to her... but I didn't want to get things too carried away. I mean - she was still drunk, and I didn't want to take advantage of her, or give her the opportunity to do something that she might not do when sober, and later come to regret..... but I wanted to hold her longer... so I said yes.
And we laid next to each other, and talked, and held each other, and it felt good. I didn't think about Jen at all - just Amy. Just how much of a great person she is, how I respect her as a person for who she is - for her beliefs and convictions. And then it happened - we told each other that we were attracted to each other. I was so relieved that she felt the same way - and that she had the same fear I did - that doing anything as "more than friends" could lead to a messy living situation. But we ended up not listening to that reasoning. And I'm glad.
Whether Amy considers it a mistake or not, I must say that I had an incredible night last night - and that regardless of the outcome, I'm glad that I took a chance and did what I wanted for once. (And I hope that she doesn't consider it a mistake, because I don't.) She inspires me. The way she talks about working for causes - being president of groups at school - volunteering... she makes me want to do more with my life than I am - to start giving my time not just to myself, but to my community, to my country, to whatever I feel is important.
Anyways.... I gotta get back to work. TTYL.
With regards to you coming to visit - I'm totally up for whatever. You can even crash at my place if you need a place to stay. I have a spare bed upstairs... though it is a loft.... and its hard to get into.... but there's also a futon in the living room. Regardless - we will definitely hang out!
So.... some big news.....
I gotta tell you. Last night blew my mind. Amy called to ask for a ride home from the bar - so I picked her up and brought her back. We hung out and I made sure she was drinking water..... and we hugged for a while..... such a simple thing, and yet, it meant so much to me - just hugging her - holding each other. I haven't been hugged like that in about 2 months. I really needed it. I think she did too. She seems a little lonely here, and I try to make sure I see her at least a little in the evenings to keep her from being alone after work all day. Last night she asked if I would sleep next to her - keep her company.
Well of course- I mean - I'm attracted to her... but I didn't want to get things too carried away. I mean - she was still drunk, and I didn't want to take advantage of her, or give her the opportunity to do something that she might not do when sober, and later come to regret..... but I wanted to hold her longer... so I said yes.
And we laid next to each other, and talked, and held each other, and it felt good. I didn't think about Jen at all - just Amy. Just how much of a great person she is, how I respect her as a person for who she is - for her beliefs and convictions. And then it happened - we told each other that we were attracted to each other. I was so relieved that she felt the same way - and that she had the same fear I did - that doing anything as "more than friends" could lead to a messy living situation. But we ended up not listening to that reasoning. And I'm glad.
Whether Amy considers it a mistake or not, I must say that I had an incredible night last night - and that regardless of the outcome, I'm glad that I took a chance and did what I wanted for once. (And I hope that she doesn't consider it a mistake, because I don't.) She inspires me. The way she talks about working for causes - being president of groups at school - volunteering... she makes me want to do more with my life than I am - to start giving my time not just to myself, but to my community, to my country, to whatever I feel is important.
Anyways.... I gotta get back to work. TTYL.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home