I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Happy Holidays! I'm back, for the time being...
Christmas was rather good to me - I got pretty much everything I wanted. I was rather surprised to get an electric guitar and a blender... and money, and clothes and (the list continues). It was an amazing Christmas - and I think that my gifts were on target for each person that I bought for. I try not to buy gifts just to buy gifts - but rather to get people something they want or need. I wish I could buy gifts like Jessica. She got me the best gifts! She got me a book full of Nacho recipes - because I eat Nachos at least twice a week. A book of Smoothie recipes, because I've been driving everyone nuts talking about smoothies.. a book to help me learn guitar chords, because it has been a goal of mine.... and turtleneck sweater - beacuse I was showing her a Men's health magazine with turtlenecks and I mentioned how much I wanted one, and a zip-up sweater. Awesome, awesome gifts. I got her a gift certificate for a hot-stone massage, which she mentioned she would like to get during a show we were watching. I hope she likes hers as much as I like mine.

Goals for the last week - given that I was away for a few days, and that I was working like a fiend for a few days... I'm going to have to say that my goals last week fell WAY short - I know I did a few things, but I didn't even write them down. I'm not going to this week either. I'm relaxing this week.

I'm excited that Anne is in town - I can't wait to see her. Portland is far away.
Josh - I hope you had a terrific holiday - I'm terrible at the spelling of .... Chaunakah.... I'm hoping you're semester went better grade-wise than you were letting on. I also hope you get some much deserved rest over break.

I didn't get to see my sister much this past weekend - I spent most of it either asleep or with my dad..... watching football - or watching football while sleeping. Then she had work, and hung out with friends in the evenings.... maybe I'll get a chance to talk to her when I return later this week. Most of that depends on Jessica, and when she is returning from Alpena. I'm hoping she comes back Friday. If so, I'll be staying here until Saturday. If not, I'll be returning to Fenton either Thursday or Friday. I'm not a big fan of staying there - I don't get well rested- partly due to me being too tall for the bed. Its a full, but I'm 6'3". I'm glad I sprung for the queen when I bought my bed earlier this year.

So where does this put me for improvement???? Fuck that. This is the closest thing I've had to a vacation in the last 2 years. I'm not improving this week. I'm going to do whatever I feel like - watch tv, sleep, eat, whatever. Its my vacation.... even if I am working 3 days this week. ;)

-Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home